Blue Eyed minis vs Brown eyed minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how to post a poll but I am a big sucker for huuuuge liquidey brown eyes and I fall equally hard for those baby blues if either are attached to a well built horse! :lol:

2 of my mares have dark brown eyes, 1 mare has very light brown eyes (judges always comment that they don't see light brown eyes that often~she is also grullo, & my 6 week old colt has dark blue eyes (we think he's going to be grullo as well but he may keep us guessing until next year :new_shocked: ) oh and my husband has blue eyes

My favorite are bright crystal blue eyes surrounded by a large dark area -
default_wub.png
: this year about 2/3 rds of our pinto foals had one or more blue eyes. Yep - they are my favorite for sure
default_yes.gif
:

annie06filly.jpg

I've been thinking about this and going back and forth. I'm go more for solid colored horses but i like the blue eyes. I was always told that horses with blue eyes were generally smarter and i have to say, i blew that off to some point. Currently two of our miniatures have blue eyes and i have to say they are two of the smartest horses i have ever owned. Maybe i should google that and see what i can find ..? hmm

I own LTD's White Chief who is a solid white overo (son of LTDs Magic Man), only black pinto markings are inside his ears and he has beautiful blue eyes. One of our other horses, Coco who i think we all know lol, has blue eyes as well. I think there beautiful but i also fall for the coffee dark brown eyes. I wish i had a good picture. My classic has the biggest brown eyes you could imagine.

I think big beautiful eyes are just the icing on the cake
default_smile.png

Those of you who do NOT like blue eyed horses - do your spouses have blue eyes?
default_wacko.png
:

Lets hear!
I'm one of those who doesn't like blues, and yes, hubby has blue eyes, and I LOVE it!
default_smile.png
I just don' tlike blue in horses or dogs, but LOVE them in people, cats, and goats lol!

Jessi

We have two blue eyed geldings which I love their eyes. I do prefer dark(eyeliner) around the eyes.

This is Cole(he is a full brother to REO's Lotto) His eyes are crystal blue.

Cole0405.jpg

I love blue eyes the best, only have a couple that have blue eyes.

I recently sold my stallion that was a blue eyed black pinto( I regrret it now) and lost my best mare after a foaling. She was a tiny black pinto with two icey blue eyes.

My goal is to find a tiny blue eyed homozygous pinto stallion about 30" and also another blue eyed black pinto mare about 30-31"

Back