Because of Lyn J

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Valley

Reaction score
Lyn, I figured this would get lost in your thread, and I wanted you to know...

Starbaby still has not foaled. Somedays I wonder if she's even pregnant or just fat, but then I feel the baby move (I think) and say, OK, go ahead...take your time. Apparently Megan is pregnant too, she still has liquid in her udder, and she still just looks like it to me. (Bonnie says she is.) Both could go until the first week or so of May.

At any rate, these were the ones you counseled me to move closer to my house to keep an eye on, and I didn't. I let them stay where they were figuring everything was OK, as they've both foaled before with no difficulties. Your terrible double loss got my butt in gear, and they are both now in my front yard, where I can look out and see them. I think your little Silly is taking care of her angel filly,and smiling down on them.

I know that something still could happen. That is a chance we take, isn't it? But at least these two are here, isolated and close, and I can get up in the night and look, and my Mom can see them during the day from her sunroom.

Thank you for your advice, and thank you for sharing your grief. You are in my prayers, Lyn.

Stacye

[SIZE=14pt]Stacye, If the loss of my mare and filly even remotely help one of yours then their passing was not a waste. Thanks so much for taking vigilant care of your girls. As you said, Experienced people and experienced mares STILL can get in trouble.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back