Acid stained floors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
Looking to do quite a few rooms and was wondering if anybody has these type of floors. Looking for pros and cons, suggestions and do's and dont's. Thanks.

Here's the pros:

This is used a lot on commerical buildings for stores etc. like convenience stores that do not want to use any other topping over their concrete poured foundation because it's cost effective and one way of getting "color" on the concrete. It also can look attractive on a patio or around a pool deck area for entertaining or in a Florida room.

The con:

This in a way is or can be comparied to a form of terrazo (well kinda) that most Florida homes were floored with.

If someone makes a boo boo..........you are stuck with it.

If you use it in the home, there of course is no "give" to your floor which could be very hard on your ankels, feet, joints, whereas using for instance carpet or hardwood you would have a bit of give. In short, you are still walking on concrete in your home all day long.

Personally I like the look of some of it, but it wouldn't work for our lifestyle.

My step son in Florida is in this business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our living room floor is acid stained, it was that way when we bought the house. I hate it. It looks nice, but is hard and unforgiving. I can nbot wait to redo a nice wood floor in there.

Latest posts

Back