A few more pics of Melody and her goat:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
Today was a pretty stressful day. I got up this morning and set out to finish putting chicken wire up around the fence so that the goat can't get out. I got all the fencing done but then realized I had 4 gates that I have to secure. So needless to say my husband is going to help me finish it up tomorrow. The little goat was so stressed out today. She does NOT like being in the cage but I think mainly it's when she is by herself. If I come in she calms down as soon as I get her out. She was bottle fed because she was one of triplets so she is very tame. Up until I brought her home she was still nursing on her Mom. Is it normal to pull them away from their Mom so suddenly. I think it is making her stress even more. I put my dogs harness on her and took her for a few walks and I must say that she walks on a leash better then my two dogs lol. No picture yet of that:( Rudy, my dog is mad at me once again because there is new competition for him (he did the same thing when I got Melody). And even Melody acted mad at me this morning lol. I just put the goat in with Melody at feeding time and they seem to be doing well together. Melody got mad when the goat stood in her feed dish but didn't get after her so I think if she didn't kill her at feeding time, we are probably good. I am hoping I can turn them out together tomorrow if we can get all the gates secured. Hopefully Melody still has a tail in the morning
default_unsure.png

Here are some pics at feeding time this evening. They arent very good. I had to put chicken wire on the windows to keep the goat in.

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04813.jpg

DSC04814.jpg

oh my what a cutie, both of em, we had a white goat that i loved so much,ure goat reminds me so much of him! he had a misfortune and died
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
hes name was oaty<3

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a perfect little family there!!haha I think your two kids ( no pun intended) should come play with my gus! Congrats on your new addition

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

And, ironicly enough, I was going to suggest Harmony before I read Lucky C's post! Haha.

Precious pair they are.

yes precious until I went back out this evening and caught Melody chasing the goat around the stall with her ears pinned and then trying to kick her brains out. Melody has been a little you know what all day long. Not sure how this situation is going to work out
default_sad.png

Oh my gosh! The pictures of your baby goat made me smile and laugh this morning!!!! She is just SO cute!!!!

As for it working out, I really think it will (so long as she leaves Melody's hairdo alone). When I have added a new horse, or switched horses around in the paddocks, there is always a few days of ear pinning and "nasty acting" before they settle down and get along really well. I bet Melody just wants to be sure her goat knows who's the boss.

OR, maybe she liked her until she found out she was staying for dinner LOL!!!

AWWW........that is the cutest lil goat

Harmony is the perfect name...IF Melody decides she likes her
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back