403 days gestation or not! Added Photos Page 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First Im new, My name is Michele (43) . Ive wanted to join this forum for a long time, I love this site I have been a stalker for awhile,

Barbie, 33in AMHA....Bay mare.....

I bought her June 15th 2008 so I have had her, 403 days, hence days thinking in foal, ultras sound in Aug. 2008

was in foal. Now if she was pregger's when I got her, so here's the issue, I was thinking Fescue toxic, we had some real crappy hay around here

so, vet put her on Dom. She is on her 3rd tube, and now has milk and dripping, not bagged like I would like to see, huge belly for her. She has had 3 other

foals, all perfect deliveries, though she was not here then. How much longer? I have never had a mini go this long? I have posted pictures to see

progress, what do you think, anyone have a mini, with gestation? Or false pregnancy? Im open to any options at this point, I have 2 vets involved

so her care is very closely monitored, She is also on barn camera. Vet called this morning, and will be here again on Sat. to ultra sound again, to see what is anything is going on. She is eating , drinking, doing all the her normal activities...

DSC00543.jpg

The day I brought her home, June 15th 2008

DSC01567.jpg

December 2008

DSC01633-1.jpg

Day 368 if days are correct from day I bought her...

DSC01746.jpg

399 after started using Domperidone

DSC01744.jpg

also day 399...

I have ton of pictures if you are wanting a specific one , please ask....
default_smile.png

What do you , think of her story:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have gotten Dec 2008 picture confused with March of 2009...I will have to double check, things are all running together now..

But you get the just, of what I'm relaying.....no, comments....
default_smile.png

Did you have a stud around at any time from the time you bought her and the last 8 months Just wondering.?

Did you have a stud around at any time from the time you bought her and the last 8 months Just wondering.?
I was wondering the same thing.
default_unsure.png

No that base has already been covered, even if so, there is NO way possible , the way the pens are set up, mares cant see stallions and I say who gets bred to whom and when.....thats why its so puzzling ....Vet will be here again noon sat. To do another US, and palpitate, again and possibly check cervix, .....Im at a loss for words...

I have a mare who was due going 330 days on May 3rd. She is now at 412 days. Huge udder, got sticky milk for the last week but she is MUCH bigger than yours. I will have to get a photo for you. I am going NUTS!!! She is fine. She went 371 days last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a mare who was due going 330 days on May 3rd. She is now at 412 days. Huge udder, got sticky milk for the last week but she is MUCH bigger than yours. I will have to get a photo for you. I am going NUTS!!! She is fine. She went 371 days last year.
Well Im glad Im not the only one out here , wondering, its just she does not look huge, like I thought she would be at this stage

but , she is healthy, and not in any distress, so .....I guess I wait.....all I can do, but vet still comin out....

Make sure you et us know what the vet says! She looks preggers to me.

Well, as for positive he did US in Aug 2008 said yes,

He will be here at noon tomorrow, to do another, to see..maybe whats goin on...Im baffled on how a mare

can be normal and go from, reg. size to full blown, size with milk....amazing, I think she is in foal

she does not act like she used to, but is normal if that makes sense....I will post tomorrow and let you

know , what he says...I realize its not uncommon for a mare to go longer than 400 days, but a mini, is alittle

unreal, they are so small.....but then again we had a fescue problem, and thats part of symptoms, so we will see I guess
default_smile.png
default_impatient.jpg

I may have gotten Dec 2008 picture confused with March of 2009...I will have to double check, things are all running together now..But you get the just, of what I'm relaying.....no, comments....
default_smile.png

My mare didnt look to preg at 365 so I had her US. Baby was fine & in position. I started her on DOMPERIDONE at day 377 & she foaled within 7 days. Filly was tiny. Sac didnt break, I had to do CPR to get foal breathing, then 45 min later cut cord which was huge & didnt break.

I had a BREEDER ALERT monitor luckily because when she went into labor, filly came out from time she went down & I wa,ked from myhouse to my barn(300 ft). She would have died if I wasnt there.

When I tell people she went 384 days. They think Im crazy & messed up my breed dates. I handbred this mare JUNE 1 2008 then sent stud home because I had shoulder surgery the next week & was in a sling 6 wka after. Stud never came back. My filly arrived JUNE 20,2009. So much for the ITS A COLT CAUSE ITS LATE theory.

PS My name is Michele also, Im in Georgia. I too am addictedto this site.

Looking forward to hearing what the vet says! I have one mare that was ultra-sounded in foal at 8 months. She started flirting with our stallion shortly thereafter. At 10 months, he opened the gate and she let him breed her. She should be due in a couple weeks and now the vet says she isn't in foal (with-out actual tests! She says there is no way she would have let the stallion breed her when she is that pregnant!) ! What happened to the baby? Way too big to re-absorb and I never saw a dead foal or messy hind-end on the mare! She's broad and a little bagged up. Just wonder if I will go out and find a tiny foal on of theses days...Your mare looks pretty big!

Im waiting on vet , now, she has shown so many signs, that's whats getting, me I will be happy if not, because I didn't choose to breed

her to one of my stallions, but now way late in season if she isn't, so I guess again I have to wait, ......I just all turns out well, but ( I really want a foal) lol....So we sill see what he says, its just you wait so long, then get the big let down, she has not been in heat since I got her either, I have heard so many storys...all mares are different I gues....
default_smile.png

Just curious what the vet said. I have a mare here that never looks pregnant right up to the point of delivery and I have another mare that looks pregnant all the time and never is so pictures aren't too reliable. Hoping for good news for you!!!!

We have a mare that hides her pregnancy very well until the last month. She was suppose to be due July 25th. Well, at the beginning of July I was starting to get concerned because she wasn't popping out like normal. So when we had another mare ultra sounded we had her checked. OPEN. What a big let down. She was ultra sounded last year in foal and checked this year the first part of April and still in foal. Just like another member said, we never found a foal. Someone said they can absorb one that far along. But we never saw any signs. We did breed her a week later to our stallion and now waiting to ultrasound again.

Good luck, hope you heard good news from the vet today.

Could this be a False Pregnancy? OR the mare was exposed to a stallion later than you thought?

She just does not look like she's ready to drop a foal THIS year. I have a mare looking like yours who is due early NEXT year.

It's down to having your vet do the exam....

Curious to what your vet said!

How is she today?

Latest posts

Back