2024 crafter's delight - whatcha working on?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Starting a new thread for the new year.
Just barely starting a new pattern, trying a new block pattern, haven't decided how big I'm going to go, I've only made two blocks so far.
The block is called Jacob's Ladder, this is the first time I've ever worked with this pattern.

Attachments

• 2024 - jacobs ladder - brown and aqua.jpg
    2024 - jacobs ladder - brown and aqua.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
Starting a new thread for the new year.
Just barely starting a new pattern, trying a new block pattern, haven't decided how big I'm going to go, I've only made two blocks so far.
The block is called Jacob's Ladder, this is the first time I've ever worked with this pattern.
The pattern is really showing up with your color choices.

I am working on the gourd buttons for the National Button Society. Still making prototypes, so nothing submitted yet. I ordered some itsy crystals for eyes, so going to try those.
And working on the slow-stitch for the Christmas cards. Love doing both; sometimes it's hard to remember to get my housework finished when I get into the "craft zone"!

I am working on the gourd buttons for the National Button Society. Still making prototypes, so nothing submitted yet. I ordered some itsy crystals for eyes, so going to try those.
And working on the slow-stitch for the Christmas cards. Love doing both; sometimes it's hard to remember to get my housework finished when I get into the "craft zone"!
Housework can wait, "craft zone" keeps us happy. My housework always waits, and it shows. ;)

Finished the 20 lightning bugs. Now working on presentation. I'm using a glittery dark blue backing. Found some little sacks on Etsy. Whew. I won't ever make 20 of something again. Takes the fun out of it
I'm sure having a timeline adds to less enjoyment also. You did and awesome job crafting them. They will be the buzz of the show. :)

Timelines and quotas often diminish the fun, that's part of the reason, I do not do custom quilts. I make quilts I enjoy working on, and if one day someone likes them, I may part with them for a reasonable fee (mostly enough to buy fabric for the next project and get a little for my time).

Muslin cupids using a gingerbread man cookie cutter for a pattern. Wings are pierced water color paper. Also made the little hanging heart; it is stuffed with fabric scraps. Not sure what I'm going to do with these, but I had the idea and could hardly rest till I saw if they could work up.
I've been in such a creative buzz since about Thanksgiving. I wonder when I will burn out? It's been fun!

Attachments

• cupids and heart.jpg
    cupids and heart.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 0
I finished up a few small projects.
Batik table runner, wild flower table topper (or throw, it's small 34" square), double-sided fall table runner, and a little trivet. [All available.]

Attachments

• 2024 - fall double sided table runner.jpg
    2024 - fall double sided table runner.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024 - batik rail fence table runner - complete.jpg
    2024 - batik rail fence table runner - complete.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024 - hexi trivet.jpg
    2024 - hexi trivet.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024 - floral charm quilt- complete.jpg
    2024 - floral charm quilt- complete.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 0
Finished up a Christmas table topper, I had the top sewn before Christmas but didn't get it quilted until this year.

Attachments

• 2024 - christmas table topper - small quilt.jpg
    2024 - christmas table topper - small quilt.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
Your cards are simply fabulous. I love the back story all of you creative people share sometimes, like your grandfather’s overall fabric, or the history of an item in use.

The recipients will be smiling!😊

Latest posts

Back