2023 crafting for all...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never sold anything, but enjoy giving my paper mache as gifts. I didn't have anyone in mind when I made Thunderstruck the mini pony, but I finally found someone for him. I didn't tell her his name and it turns out she used have a pony with a similar marking on her shoulder. She was someone going through some tough times and could use a smile. I loved that she loved it so much.

I asked a carver to make me a Dapper Dan. He was reluctant, as he doesn't like commissions, and he generally works in very large commercial materials. But when I told him how much I missed Dapper Dan, he agreed to try. This is carved from moose antler. It is 1 3/8 inch. Can hardly wait to receive it and add it to my Dapper Dan vignette.

Attachments

• carved dapper.jpg
    carved dapper.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 2
I asked a carver to make me a Dapper Dan. He was reluctant, as he doesn't like commissions, and he generally works in very large commercial materials. But when I told him how much I missed Dapper Dan, he agreed to try. This is carved from moose antler. It is 1 3/8 inch. Can hardly wait to receive it and add it to my Dapper Dan vignette.
Oh how wonderful❣️It brings happy tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what you will feel when you hold it.🥰

That is awesome.

Last night was our Women's Friendship Dinner. I've decorated a table for many years. This year I found the fruit plates at the thrift store months ago and managed to also find the mugs at another thrift store recently. My theme was "fruit magic". I envisioned the fruit centerpiece, but wasn't sure how to get it into real life. It was a challenge. There were several really creative tables, as always. My favor was the fruit string.

Attachments

• 2023.jpg
    2023.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Well I don’t know what anyone else did, but your table is gorgeous! Such a beautiful mix of colors and patterns and your centerpiece is beautiful!

How did you get your oranges so perfect with the little cloves all along the edge?

Well I don’t know what anyone else did, but your table is gorgeous! Such a beautiful mix of colors and patterns and your centerpiece is beautiful!

How did you get your oranges so perfect with the little cloves all along the edge?
A sharp knife. I put the centerpiece out for our wildlife

Good grief! Not only do you create and decorate so many beautiful things, polish cutlery to perfection, dress a table, drive and take care of Billy, you decorate Mother Nature! 🤯 I can’t tell you how inadequate I feel!😂

And….I have a sharp knife but I’m here to tell you those perfect oranges would never happen here! 🤣

I think I can safely post these here, they are gifts for non-horse friends, so they shouldn't be on this group (and likely won't see them, unlike if I post on FB). A little group of mug rugs I made.

Attachments

• 2023 - beachy mug rug 1.jpg
    2023 - beachy mug rug 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023 - beachy mug rugs 2, 3, 4.jpg
    2023 - beachy mug rugs 2, 3, 4.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back