2014 Maple Hollow Foaling--Belle**FILLY!!!!! 6/14****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missy foaled early this morning a nice little buckskin colt, the first foal by Little Kings Remmington (HOF). He is a gorgeous little boy and pretty ornery but is having a little bit of issue with finding the milk bar, finally got him to latch on properly a couple hours ago, before that just syringe fed him some, I have seen him looking like he was nursing a couple times since then but will check her udder when I go out to feed.

Here are wet pics until I can get better ones.

10155338_10202596110761955_5163348122775197138_n.jpg

10156001_10202596076041087_8093273156432207371_n.jpg

You must be pooped ;) Awwww but how adorable and rewarding
default_smile.png
congrats!

Another beautiful baby safely on the ground, well done Melinda and many congrats!!
default_thumbup.gif

Congratulations again! I just love seeing all these babies safely on the ground! Can't wait for some dry pictures of these little boys!

Last edited:
Just wanted to share some updated pics of some of the "kids", I am loving all of them so far, will be really tough to decide who to keep! Also I think I forgot to share pics of mom's newest filly, she is the silver bay pinto at the end. Really wish we could have gotten her cam online this year but just havent had the time to get it figured out.

10257765_10202605204109283_1097264775330100098_n.jpg

1979468_10202587367103369_154191281237367917_n.jpg

DSCF7758edit.JPG

DSCF7795.JPG

DSCF7816.JPG

DSCF7794edit.JPG

DSCF7777edit.JPG

DSCF7778edit.JPG

DSCF7790edit.JPG

DSCF7791edit.JPG

DSCF7844edit.JPG

DSCF7847edit.JPG

DSCF7865.JPG

DSCF7754edit.JPG

DSCF7756edit.JPG

DSCF7749edit.JPG

DSCF7759.JPG

DSCF7818edit.JPG

10014679_10202589213309523_2145342350925560448_n.jpg

10255285_10202589213949539_1676096395826595281_n.jpg

Oh I just love it! Beautiful babies everywhere!!! I sure hope you get to keep more than just one of them because if not then it will just take you years to decide!!!!

What a bunch of huggable cuteness!!! Love that silver bay filly, but also love the buckskin pinto filly...does she have blue eyes? Oh and the pic of the little sorrel colt peeking around momma...adorable! I bet you are in heaven with all of them. Thank You for the foal fix!!!!

How many are you looking to keep, and how many more are yet to come? I know who I'd keep out of the first bunch, but wondering how many more. I know you have a lot coming this year. Can't wait to see them all!

Thanks :D. I really want to keep most of my fillies but can only do that if I sell some of my mares and other horses, but pretty much will be what sells sells and what doesnt I keep :p. I do have my favorites priced higher though LOL. The lil buckskin pinto does have two blue eyes
default_smile.png
. I have 7 more coming and mom has 6 more. I am pretty smitten with all of them and even my boys which I sadly wont be able to keep them or my hubby will kick my rear ROFL...I have a bit of a stallion addiction, I keep joking that I will have to change my half to Maple Hollow Stud Farm :p.

I love watching your Mares and their sweet little foals!!!! I would want to keep them all too!! You sure have some beautiful fillies! It is exciting that you have 7 more to come!!!! I hope to catch another foaling.......Who do you have in stall 1 now where Freckles was????

Thanks and Fae is on cam now at 329 days today. No udder forming yet but from the way the mares have been this year, she might fill up fast right before foaling or not even get a totally full one, the signs have been all over the place. Darn mares keep us guessing LOL

Edited to add that Fae is also bred to Remmy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fabulous bunch of babies Melinda - and with 7 more to come!! Your paddocks are going to be filled with fun, games and loads of fantastic photo opportunities later this summer! Cant wait!
default_thumbup.gif

I always have loved the boys the best, and ran about 15 stallions at the peak here. Thought it was a shame that you had to have mares in order to have babies! LOL

Ive got a question, I am going to post on my marestare topic and the main forum simply to hopefully get answers from more people.....I have a 2 day old foal that doesnt seem to be hungry at all and isnt eating very well, took to the vet and all bloodwork came back normal so doesnt have anything obviously wrong with him, also had his Igg test run and it is normal too. He had really watery diarrhea at about 24hrs old and seemed to be a bit uncomfy, the vet gave me Metronidazole and Biosponge which seems to have stopped the diarrhea but still doesnt have a strong appetite. He knows where the milk is on the mare but will go get a sip and stop, sometimes fairly frequently to seem to be getting more but never enough to truly soften the udder. Still seems to be a bit uncomfy and thinking still has a bit of a tummy ache. The vet said if he doesnt start nursing they can put a tube in but as of right now I am just milking the mare and feeding him by hand to make sure he is getting fluids. He has started being more active and playful since being treated with the meds but just doesnt have the normal appetite of other foals. His temp has been around 101.7 pretty much this whole time. He had a normal birth, normal length gestation, everything about his arrival was normal. He did have a good suck reflex at birth too but just never really wanted to eat much, now doesnt even suck on the syringe at all and just the small sips off the mare. Still will eat from the syringe but will not suck the milk out like other foals have for me.

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior in a foal and what did you use to treat them. I hope I explained it somewhat well, wanted to get some other opinions and ideas before I talk with my vet again.

Sorry but I really have no idea, especially after all the vet checks. Is the mare letting down her milk freely - maybe he's not finding much there when he goes to drink so has sort of given up trying if that makes sense?? The only other thing that I can think about is some sort of infection that the tests have missed - if he doesn't feel very well then he is not going to be enthusiastic about food??

Hope you and your vet can find the answer - good luck and please keep us informed as to his progress.

Latest posts

Back