Your Favorite Comedians / Comediennes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
H and I love to listen to or watch stand up comedians / comediennes. Since getting XM radio a few years ago, we listen to more of it than before since we each spend about 2 hours a day in our cars. When I'm not improving my mind with the likes of Opie and Anthony (bad bad Jill), I'm usually laughing about one of the other comedy channels on XM...

I thought it would be fun to hear what comedians / comediennes others here enjoy!

Some of my favorites are:

• Lewis Black
  • Dennis Miller
  • Jim Norton
  • Sarah Silverman
  • Jerry Seinfeld
  • Ralphie May
  • Ellen DeGeneres
  • Chris Rock

[SIZE=18pt]Who are your favorite comedians and comediennes?[/SIZE]
giggle2.gif
lol5.gif
giggle1.gif

Ellen Degeneres, Ron White come to mind right off.

Sometimes Kathy Griffin is good, when she's not being too nasty, but sometimes she crosses the line and that turns me off

Not a stand up, but Robin Williams makes me laugh my head off.

When he was a guest on the Ellen show I laughed so hard my stomach hurt

I love Lewis Black!

Bill Envil (sp?)

Ron White

Jeff Foxworthy

I also like that new guy they have had on comedy central/CMT a little lately, he is the 'hemi' guy. Cannot think of his name though, i am pretty sure he is new.

For some reason i do not really like Larry the Cable guy much, he is okay but not my all time fave. I love to watch Comedy Central, especially every friday night when they do 'Comedy Central Presents'. I always make sure i am infront of the TV.

Right now it is Dane Cook!!!!! Annnndddd the Pickles.... HeeHee.

And Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert!!!! I want a Stephen poster for my wall,,, sigh! Nummy,

my favourites are:

Billy Connolly

Jon Stewart

The Kids in the Hall

Mike Myers

Robin Williams

and his name escapes me but he is the guy who smashes all the fruit and provides the front row with big garbage bags so they don't get stuff all over their clothes

Yvonne

Oh, Alex reminded me!!! David Spade is one of my all time favorites!!!! I love him and his sarcastic, smarmy self
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

...and his name escapes me but he is the guy who smashes all the fruit and provides the front row with big garbage bags so they don't get stuff all over their clothes

Yvonne
That's Gallagher
default_smile.png

Ron White, Dane Cook, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a stand up, but Robin Williams makes me laugh my head off.
Marty --

Robin Williams IS a stand up comedian! He is an actor but he started doing stand up, and still does. His act would probably make you laugh. A lot of it is very R rated, though... that, of course, doesn't bother me at all. I bet there are probably DVD's of his stand up routine. I used to like him a lot, but hear him doing his stand up comedy so much on XM that the voice changes started to get on my nerves too much.

Jill

You can also see Robin Williams' stand up acts on YouTube. Did anyone ever see his routine on golf? Hilarious, but definitely R rated, so don't watch if you get offended by the f word. Robin Williams - Golf

Has anyone ever seen Jim Gaffigan? Watched him on the comedy channel awhile back. He totally cracked me up!!!

Doesn't anyone know of Jeff Dunham? Jeff Dunham is a ventriloquist and he is hysterical!!!! I've seen him on Comedy Central and in person, what a blast!

Robin Williams is funny as he**! I like Ellen Degeneres as well. Lewis Black, another funny, funny person.

That's all I can think of for now. Oh, and Chris Rock, Adam Sandler.

(Youtube)
Jeff Dunham & Peanut & Jose

I love Ellen...... Robin Williams, The Blue Comedy Men.......

I really love Kathy Griffin..... I am so excited, she is coming to Seattle in November...and I got tickets!!! Yea...she is so popular up here, they ended up adding 2 more shows.....so total of 3 shows in 2 evenings...it's going to be a riot!

We were going to see Robin Williams when we went to Vegas, but we kept hearing people tell us that he goes wayyyyyy over the line, and with my Dad with my sister and I, we ended up getting refunds & went to the Blue Man Group instead...still a great performance...but someday I do want to see Robin Williams live.

I also think that Kathleen Madigan is funny and Rita Rudner.....oh and don't forget Wanda Sykes....she is funny and I just love her on the "The New Adventures of Old Christine"...she and Julia Louis-Dreyfus work really well together.

I also think Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are awesome......there really aren't too many comics that I don't enjoy.......

Oh and how could I almost forget Billy Crystal and Whoopie?....... Yep, I just love to watch comics..... I was so excited when Last Comic Standing came back on....just now waiting for the finals...that's when it gets the best.

Ellen DeGeneres drives me NUTS!!!

I disliked her show whilst she was lurking, disliked it's simplistic attitude to coming out intensly (Hey , it's OK everyone will support you. Hallo...ever tried it in REAL life????) and she drives me nuts now when I accidentally run into her show.

OK got THAT off my chest!!

I LOVE Billy, I really do, I would like him (And dislike his bl**dy wife intensely) if I were to meet him BUT I am no prude, and I accept what Pamela says about his swearing being a sort of " Tourettes" but he would never use that sort of language around his kids so why does he use it around me??

I love his documentary shows- he started off in the UK and you have to have seen his one person reenactment of the Battle of Culloden to believe it- the Scottish Tourist Board signed him up to do ads!!
default_smile.png

I like French and Saunders, both together and separately and like their Husbands, too.

Rik Mayall

Mostly though I prefer comedy shows as opposed to individual comedians.

I do think Steve Martin is really funny- a lot of American comedians I find arrogant and brash- he is just plain talented.

I love so many of the ones you all have named! I like the over the line stuff and the tamer stuff -- as long as it's funny. Most of the ones you all have named have made me laugh
default_smile.png

Jane, I like Steve Martin, too. My Dad actually looks a lot like him (or is that vice versa LOL).

Last Comic standing is great. I thought many (MANY) of the comics who did not make it on the show were incredibly funny. Some of the ones I liked the best didn't make it. I hope though that auditioning and making a cut to the call backs helped their careers.

Latest posts

Back