WOW! Adam Lambert may have been cheated!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
default_new_shocked.gif
I just heard on the radio that some AT&T workers may have contributed to Kris winning Americal Idol, by allowing (and instructing) the use of "power texting" at "Kris" party gatherings! I wonder how they will handle all of this now!
default_unsure.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/business...rss&emc=rss

I wish they would change their voting system to something like Dancing with the Stars does. You only get so many votes per phone line and then they cut you off. You also get so many online votes. I know American Idol likes to spout how many votes came in but I think there's too many ways to cheat.

I may be in the vast minority of people, but I could not pick one "American Idol" contestant out of a line up... So "do not care" about that show
indifferent0023.gif

(Now, Big Brother on the other hand -- I'm ready for July 9 and the new season!!! So, trust me, it's not that I think I'm above American Idol, just very not into it...)
default_biggrin.png

But, was it the kid that "cheated" or people who wanted him to win who did? I don't know, just wondering if he may be an innocent person as far as actively cheating
default_unsure.png

Honestly does it really matter!! Kris won and he will be controlled by American Idol for the next year!! Adam lost and he will be able to get a record deal on his terms. So tell me who won!! I personally voted for Kris because that is who I would buy a cd of!! Adam was to over the top for me, when he sang and did not scream I thought he was great, but that was not very often!! So really people need to realize Adam is really the one who won, just like all the other idols that did not win and have done very well!!
default_biggrin.png

Well power texting has been around for a while...there were also reports that fan-sites for both contestants had instructions on how to do it....the problem here is that AT&T is a sponsor and should not endorse either contestant so they should not have provided the few phones that it was done on...they say the # of votes is minimal so it wouldn't have changed the outcome but it still is a conflict of interest...I agree you should only be allowed to vote once and I didn't even realize you could vote more than once.

It is not going to amount to anything whatsoever - a tempest in a teacup. MANY fans had figured out many mass voting tricks already ( I have a friend who is very involved with Kris and Adam message boards - not my thing but whatever!) including that one that ATT guy demonstrated. The info was all over the internet already. And with many different people/groups doing it, I doubt that the final outcome would have changed anyway. It is not as if either of them lost anything in the end - they will both do well.

Jill - I have never understood the interest in Big Brother
default_biggrin.png
- you'll have to explain it to me.
default_yes.gif

There is no real challenge to it as there is with Survivor or the Amazing Race. The contestants do no go anywhere. They do not do anything (beyond the usual odd challenges). Food is in the fridge and the cupboards. They have a hot tub. No need to find food, build fires or shelters... or navigate in different countries.

A bunch of people locked in an ugly "house" together just does not motivate me at all.
default_smile.png
I must be missing something!

Tag I am in the same boat with the only difference being I am a shameless reality show junkie I watch everything from Amazing Race (which is a good show) to any and all reality shows on MTV and VH1, Bravo and of course can not forget Solitary and Bad Girls Club and everything else in between. Sad to admit but true
default_unsure.png
hey at least I am honest about it- yep I am a 40 something who sits down and watches the Hills with Raven (and ok sometimes by myself)
default_laugh.png
The sillier the better like Outback Jack loved that one

But the 2 mainstream reality shows I have never gotten into are Survivor and Big Brother- not sure why guess when they have a new season I will have to make a point of sitting and watching...

Tag -- I honestly cannot explain why I get hooked on Big Brother, but I do and have never missed an episode. I also love Survivor. Big Brother though, I swear I don't know why. Most of the people in the house, I don't even like and they bicker but oh I love it!!!

Another one I just watched a few episodes of too that I love is Housewives of NY. With two exceptions, I cannot stand the shallow "stars" of the show and I cannot relate to their lifestyle... but I love the show (big guilty pleasure). I cannot explain why I get hooked on reality shows that revolve around really "yucky" people but I do... Just like with Survivor this year, I hated Coach but couldn't wait each week to see more of him
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

One music show I did like was that first Rockstar: INXS. That one It hought was excellent. I'm sure mostly because it was pretty consistently a style of music that I like (unlike American Idol). For a few years, I did watche tha auditions to see the real awful ones but then started to feel too sorry for some, and too much like some were just crazy or staged.

Lisa -- remember My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance??? OMG omg O-M-G!!! That is like reality TV gold. That made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt in parts!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked Rockstar Inxs..I was disappointed to not hear them on the radio much after the show...just that one song "Afterglow".

I too am a reality show junkie...my fav is Deadliest Catch and I really like The Alaskan Experiment too.

I didn't realize there was another Rock of Love...I watched the one where Amber was picked and figured that for sure was the last of it...then I was channel surfing the other day and saw that Daisy from that same season now has her own trashy show.....gotta love the reality shows!

I really liked Rockstar Inxs..I was disappointed to not hear them on the radio much after the show...just that one song "Afterglow".

I too am a reality show junkie...my fav is Deadliest Catch and I really like The Alaskan Experiment too.

I didn't realize there was another Rock of Love...I watched the one where Amber was picked and figured that for sure was the last of it...then I was channel surfing the other day and saw that Daisy from that same season now has her own trashy show.....gotta love the reality shows!

and new York has another new show there is for love of money- charm school with the rock of love girls and the Real chance of love girls - and I heard a new real chance of love coming in august.

Can not forget the girls next door which is over now but Kendra has her own new show -love that show Jill

Anyone else watch Solitary?and OH my life on the D list with Kathy Griffin is starting next week YIPPEE

Jill I to am addicted to houswives embarassing for me but I LOVE IT
default_smile.png

I do the reality thing too, love them all, almost. I don't watch American Idol. But I too love Big Brother. I think its because you get to see people have to live in an environment where there is no escape but to be sent home by the other people. You have no choice but to exhist with each other. I think what makes it more interesting is I have watched it online, the stuff they don't put on TV, that makes it good.

I also watch Survivor, ANTM, Top Chef, Project Runway, The Next Food Network Star, Housewives (all of them), Bad Girls Club, and Hills sometimes. Yes I am a reality show addict.

Don't mind me - I'm just admiring my F/V Time Bandit hoodie....

I like Amazing Race. Then Survivor. Deadliest Catch (and shows of that kind). Dirty Jobs. Mythbusters (but that is more science fun than a reality show). Ghost Hunters. So You Think You Can Dance - but not DWTS. That is about it. My guilty pleasures.

None of the well-fed, underworked people kind of shows appeal to me in the least! I guess I want science or adventure or suffering or talent...
default_biggrin.png

OOPS - I do have one exception to my rule. I have been known to watch America's Next Top Model at times.... heh.
default_blush.png

Anyone else watch Solitary?and OH my life on the D list with Kathy Griffin is starting next week YIPPEE
Jill I to am addicted to houswives embarassing for me but I LOVE IT
default_smile.png
I love My Life on the D List. Kathy Griffin is hysterical!!!!!!!

We watched the first Solitary and liked it, but haven't seen the second one. I was waiting for them to run it all at once in a block and was going to DVR it then.

I don't watch any of it.

Except I did watch and enjoy Ru Paul's Drag Race!
default_laugh.png

Of all the reality TV you guys have mentioned nobody has said anything about Biggest Loser. Am I the only one who watches it? I think it's about the best show on TV and anxiously await a new season when one ends.

"I wish they would change their voting system to something like Dancing with the Stars does. You only get so many votes per phone line and then they cut you off. You also get so many online votes."

Because they MAKE MONEY on every call!!! So why block any extra?? They are making $$ hand over fist with the texting costs.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked

I loved Rockstar: INXS but I was disappointed in who won. But only so many bands can have their lead singer die off.
default_rolleyes.gif

I loved Rockstar: INXS but I was disappointed in who won. But only so many bands can have their lead singer die off.
default_rolleyes.gif
Who were you pulling for? I really liked JD Fortune (winner -- but I think he and the band are quits) and Marty Casey. But I loved Jordis Unga, too... Actually, I really liked most of the contestants!!!

DauI'm not much of a reality show fan (not much of a tv watcher period except for a few favorites), but they are filming a new one reportedly that I will watch - Dallas Mothers & Daughters - done in my old home town, about Dallas socialites, some from Plano (north end of D) and some from Park Cities (central D). Ought to be worth watching.

Jan

Latest posts

Back