Would like to see your horse that has changed the most

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
You know how sometimes you'll see someone 10 years later, see them and have no idea who they are????Then another person says,,,,,well that was soandso,,,,,,,,,,,NO WAY!!!!!!

Do you have a horse like that????????

Maybe show picture as a weanling or yearling,,,,,,,,,,and then another picture again at maybe 5 or older.

Do you have a horse that if someone were to look at baby pictures,,,,,,,they'd say no way!!!!!!

This is Coco the day after we got him, slightly underweight (IMO) and a bit 'gangkly' if that is a word lol. He was almost 2yrs old at this time. First pic didnt load fully.

cfad9cd0.jpg

This is Coco toward the end of this summer (2yrs later from the first pics)

CocoHalterJuly2.jpg

Other then Coco, the rest have stayed pretty average. Coco has made a HUGE change i thing, i was going through my photobucket account and noticed the old pics of him and wow ...i couldnt believe it was him in those old pics.
default_smile.png

I removed the first two pics and replaced them w/ the fuzzy fur pic bc the first orginal two were huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a 15 yr. old stud that I had. He made some drastic improvements during the time I had him.

The day after he arrived here~

annascamera1570.jpg
[/img]

annascamera1572.jpg
[/img]

annascamera1580.jpg
[/img]

A little less then a year later~

Bodacious009-1.jpg
[/img]

Bodacious021.jpg
[/img]

Horsesanddoggies011.jpg
[/img]

Horsesanddogs067.jpg
[/img]

Cocoa changed...

cocoa3.jpg

to

cocoa5-1.jpg

But actually she changes all the time, depending on seasons and shaving!
default_smile.png

Now, Sage REALLY changed... she's a varnish roan appy. Here she is her first day of life:

sugar1stdaysleeptonguesmall12.jpg

And here she is now (she'll be 3 the end of this month)

sage.jpg

Kid hasn't made a physical change but a mental change. When I came to Hlater and started working with him, he was ornery and didn't trust a soul. He had been passed through many handlers and all had abandoned or given up.Not me! We went from having to be tranquilized in order to shave him to me being able to shave him all by myself without complications. If you would just breath on his ear he would go balistic. Now, you can do anything. I will not say he is bombproof since we ae still going through complications with the male gender
default_wacko.png
: . If you went to the early spring Conroe show and watched Youth 12 and under class, he was the sorrel pinto gelding rearing up and striking at the judge :new_shocked: I love him even if he does have his faults and as of October, I am proud to say that I fully own him.

This is my mare Rose. She sure has changed a lot! She has Sabino roaning all through her coat and looks blue roan in the Winter but sheds out black in the Summer.

As a foal

rose.jpg

As an adult

website1003015.jpg

Here is my Champagne mare, Rose. She's not quite 3 yet, so it's not a change over many years and years...but definately a total different "shade" from what she started out as, LOL.
default_wink.png
:

Here she is at One Day old...

AllRose2.jpg

Here she is at One Month old...

Rose1Monthb.jpg

Here she is at Four Months old...

Rose4Months6.jpg

That's her momma's rump there with her, a gray. You can see her current shade of champagne best in this pic, as it was a fluke that I was able to get my camera to actually capture her shade. A creamy palomino-ish color with a golden glittering hue. Every other pic I have of her seems to just "white out" what she actually is "to the eye".
default_wacko.png
:

Here she is at Eight Months old...

SWAChampagneNRoses.jpg

See how the lighting of the sun seems to totally do a "white out" in the photo?

Here's a close up of her muzzle and her eye, where you can see the creamy golden hue...which is actually how she looks ALL OVER "to the eye", but I can't seem to catch ALL OF IT in photos anymore.
default_wacko.png
: Frustrating, LOL!

RoseChampagneEyes.jpg
RosesChampagneMuzzle.jpg

Here she is at One Year & One Month old...

Rose4-10-05c.jpg

You can see parts of the creamy golden hue still, but where the sun beams directly on her, it just "white's out" in the photo.
default_wacko.png
:

Here she is at Two Years & Five Months old... again with the "sun beam spots that "white out"...
default_frusty.gif
:

Rose8-6-06Face6.jpg

Rose8-6-06Face2.jpg

RoseAction1.jpg

RoseRelax.jpg

This last one, I took of her just TODAY, at Two Years & Nine Months old...

Rose12-14-06.jpg

Please pardon her "Florida's Version" of "Winter Woolies"...and pasture dirt...it was muggy and rainy today...so beneath all the pasture dirt, you can still detect somewhat of her creamy -palomino-ish golden hue... Hopefully I can give her a much needed bath over the weekend...weather permitting.
default_blush.png
:

Anyways...that's my Rosie, LOL! Thanks for letting me share.
default_wub.png
:

Robin, your Rose is just BEAUTIFUL! :538:

My Wee Man has changed SO much. He was scruffy nervous beyond bleief stubborn and crazy. I started training him after being dragged Litterally MANY times including a encounter with the fence and being flipped over his back ta a show . He is SO much more mature now and I know what I'm actually doing :lol: This year was AMAZING he got Grand gelding and reserve gelding twice. And went Top 3 At Every show this year! I prettied him up Balding and such and Wow I love him!!! I Love him no matter what he looks like :bgrin :bgrin
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Before hah Lucky we even got a halter on the little Brat!

weemanspringg.jpg

ahah FUNNY picture his butt EEK:

weemantoo.jpg

****And This Year!!****

edited.jpg

show2.jpg

weemangg.jpg

Okay, I'll play!

Here's Kinder as a fuzzy little weanling.

Earlykinder.jpg

And here he is all grown up:

boysout2.jpg

And of course I can't leave out Duncan, as a wild little 6 year old wooly bear:

Duncan2.jpg

And this summer at his first horse show:

Duncanshow9.jpg

I'm so proud of my boys! :aktion033:

Here is Tical as a suckling filly, and yes she is an appy.

skippyfirstdausuckling02.jpg

And here she is at 4 years old. U cant see all her spots in this pix but there are quite a few there now
default_yes.gif
:

ticalstandside506.jpg

Missy is a different change as she looked buckskin at birth.

elegkingleftwalkmomok3hrs.jpg

But changed to this color and has stayed the same for over 2 years now. Does anyone care to tell me what color she is? Her dam is a silver dapple and sire is a blue eyed chestnut splash overo.

missytrotGOOD606.jpg

missyfrtsidesquaegood606.jpg

I sent her papers into AMHA and left color up to them, they registered her as a black. If this is black I would say she is a black with the cream gene maybe? Oh I should say she is not sunbleached here she is always a deep chocolate color, summer/winter same color and shown here in natural coat not shaved. No I havent DNA tested her yet, Im keeping her so it doesnt really matter to me.

Could she be a "Liver Chestnut"?
default_unsure.png
:

No matter her color though Jen, she's awfully pretty!
default_wub.png
:

Here are a couple of our rescues:

Little Man the day we brought him home:

LittleMan2.jpg

After getting him healthy:

LittleManJune82006.jpg

Lady when we brought her home:

Shdyldy4.jpg

And after we got her healthy:

ShadyLady.jpg

Here is one of the first pictures I saw of the stallion Erica and I co-own, Ericas Echos of My Destiny (2004 stallion). Destiny is pictured as a suckling and then this past show season as a 2yo stallion. I think he's growin' up good :bgrin

Ericas Echos of My Destiny in 2004
echosofmydestiny.jpg

Ericas Echos of My Destiny in 2006

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%203.jpg

Here's another that's changed A LOT but in just about 6 mos, not years. This is Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure (2006 filly) who was born light palomino but is turning arab grey. This picture is from October and her legs are nearly black now and you can see more grey coming up her butt. I think she'll be in a steel grey stage when I clip her this coming spring
default_smile.png

Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure in April 2006
Treasure%202i.jpg

Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure in October 2006

Treasure%20--%2010132006%20--%20085-i.jpg

And lastly, here is one of my favorite mares, Edgewood Skip To My Lou (1994 mare), shortly after I purchased her in 2002 and then this past summer. I think she looks tremendously better! No conditioning at all in this shot, just better diet and care...

Edgewood Skip To My Lou in August 2002
fat%20Lou%20August%202002.jpg

Edgewood Skip To My Lou in July 2006

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED%20MARE%20PAGE.jpg

hairicane i think yoru girl is a black bay. those dark black bays fool a lot of people but i think the black points on the legs give it away

tanya i so love your rosie!

Thanks for the input ladies! I know its hard to really see in pictures but she was born with black mane and tail and black legs. The maane and tail has lightened and that much could be some sun bleaching but her legs have always stayed a darker black unlike the rest of her. And thanks Tanya I like her too! And your filly is a doll, love those champagnes!!!

Awe, thank you Kay & Jen.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back