Where to look

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin gal

Reaction score
Hi, I have a friend that is looking for donkeys ans wondered if any of you could tell me where are some places to look for them.. any special place they are advertised? Would prefer to find something n the states of Wy. S.D. N.D. Neb. Wi. Id. Wa. Please pm me if possible. thanks, Mary

Mary,

Although I am not that close (Arkansas) I have a couple that I am going to put up for sale after I wean their little jennies in Jan. They are both gray-dun registered jennies (proven producers) - they are actually a mother - HK Dolly Parton, 35" who is older, and then her 4yr old daughter - Erica's Lorretta Lynn, 33-34". They are both bred back for 2006 and in foal to a spotted jack of ours who is 32". They both had jennies in Sept of 05 - Dolly a spotted jenny (Erica's Patsy Cline) and Lorretta a black jenny (Erica's Kitty Wells). They are UTD on everything. Nothing wrong I am just going to keep both their jennies from this year. I am going to price them together and will only sell them where they will stay together as they have always been together for $1500. I have pictures of them/foals/jack they are bred to ext.......

I had this same problem, trying to find them. I started on the net but then you have the shipping aspect, which can be a pain in itself, not to mention the money involved. I just knew there had to be some around here. So I just put the word out, you can ask you vet to keep his ears and eyes open for you, you can pass the word on to friends and have them pass the word on. For me, I'd sold two mares down toward Madison and mentioned it to this girl, who'd I've never actually met, but she had a friend who had 3, mom, daughter and grandma. It turned out I talked to him on the phone, he gave me an excellant deal if I'd keep them together, he delivered them, I was so pleased when they got out of his trailor, real nice jennies. Then I had already gotten my Vanilla Bean, pretty much the same way. A friend had a friend that she taught school with, gave me his number and sure enough, I loved that little jenny too, she was my first. So now I have 4 that I got at reasonable prices and not much for shipping. I do think I just lucked out but if I were to do it again, I'd do the same thing, just start spreading the word in your area, you might be surprised what's right under your nose, waiting to be had by you.

I got mine thru word of mouth too, and then my vet also found another one. My farrier was a great help in getting the word out. I have had so many phone calls to see if I have any for sale, so I know there is starting to be more of a demand for them. I know of one guy about 1 hour south of me who has about 40 registered, and also owned some of the original imported donkeys. He does have about 10 up for sale right now, and at really good prices. Corinne

Thank you everyone for your ideas and offers. I think he has found what he was looking for fairly close to home. Mary

Latest posts

Back