Weshington Shetland Pony Club Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark & Sharon Bullington

Reaction score
I spoke with Leslie Grimes this morning and she asked that I post this here. The Washington Shetland Pony Club Show on the weekend of June 12-14, 2009 WILL be held at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington. It will not be moving to Spanaway. I know one of their judges is AMHR Nationals Judge Pat Sanders. Another judges will be added.

Mark Bullington

OK, there is just one word for that little piece of info....

[SIZE=36pt]WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

default_thumbup.gif

Darn...

Although I dislike the Spanaway facility, Monroe is just a bit too far...I'd love to go, but I know we won't.

BUT -- between the Spanaway show, Oregon Gold, and the new one, wherever it may be, at least we're doing better for AMHR than I thought we would!

ClickMini said:
OK, there is just one word for that little piece of info....
[SIZE=36pt]WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

default_thumbup.gif
I couldn't have said it better than that!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Yippee!!

Leia

DARN! LOL The Monroe facility may appeal and is more convenient for you northerners, but I'll take cheaper and closer any day with Spanaway. : ) The traffic from the southend to Monroe via I-405 is a deterent for many... especially those coming from Oregon. There's never a good time to travel I-405 during the daytime anymore. Cost will be a big factor for exhibitors again next year..... maybe they worked out a better price? You'd think those stalls were velvet lined. LOL

gvpalominominis said:
DARN! LOL The Monroe facility may appeal and is more convenient for you northerners, but I'll take cheaper and closer any day with Spanaway. : ) The traffic from the southend to Monroe via I-405 is a deterent for many... especially those coming from Oregon. There's never a good time to travel I-405 during the daytime anymore.
Tell me about it!
default_laugh.png
The freeway traffic from Snohomish/Monroe to anywhere south is no picnic at any time of day and it seems like there're no events closer than 1.5 hours thatta-way. I'm so sick and tired of adding at least an hour to my commute just for mid-day traffic I could cry!
default_no.gif
Monroe is the ONLY event all year that is in my backyard and I'm grateful to have it there for at least another year. The reduced stress is worth the cost!

Relieved to be avoiding camping at least once,

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely understand Leia : ) I'm really selfish about my time... sadly maybe because I have so little of it for myself any more.

AND I really feel for anyone who has to go north or south on I-405
default_wacko.png

Another update to the Northwest Show Schedule. Sharon spoke to Marvin Stucki today concerning the shows he and Kathy Howard are putting on. They are going to hold a show in Albany, Oregon the weekend of May 8-10, 2009. This is the same weekend as the May Mini Classic in Colfax, Wa (AMHR) and the Biggest Little Show in the West (AMHA). They are also planning to hold a show in McMinnville, Or. at the Yamhill County Fairgrounds the weekend of July 3-5, 2009. We wish them the best of luck with these shows.

Mark Bullington

Oh dear. The Inavale CDE in Philomath, Oregon has also been confirmed for July 3-5 so there's plenty to choose from on any given weekend.
default_rolleyes.gif
Sounds like a fun and diverse summer with something close to everyone! Hopefully there will be enough attendance with all these split weekends; the good news is many people might not have been willing to drive that far for a show anyway in this economic climate so at least they can pick the other event which is closer.

It's awfully nice to see new events hitting the calendar. Last year was kind of scary with all the cancellations.
default_unsure.png

Leia

Leia, do you know when Beavercreek will be in '09? I sure wish there was one of these CDEs in August, taking up the dates that Lincoln Creek was in.

Beavercreek, like Happ's, is an older CDE with an established date so I'm assuming it will be the third weekend in July as usual. That's the 18-19th in 2009.

Leia

It appears we have an embarrassment of riches.

At the risk of sounding as if I think we're the center of the universe (aren't we? heehee!), I'm delighted to see three shows within 1-2 hours of us...three shows where we don't have to worry about dog and horse sitters, obscene travel costs, etc. Add Oregon Gold in Eugene, my old college town (University of Nike--I mean Oregon!), and various events at Happs, which is less than 2 hours...now we just need to come up with entry fees!

Latest posts

Back