Well we are here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
Well CAssidy's surgey is set for 7:30 am tomorrow. We have to be there by 6 am. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We also had a tragedy in the family this morning. On our way out of the road, we found our beloved Odie Kitty dead. He was hit by a car. It was quick and painless. So we had to turn around and bury him. He was such a love bug. He would let you do anything to him. And he didn't care about the dogs buggin' him either. He was Noah's kitty. I'm not sure if I have a picture, but I'll try. He was a beautiful dark tabby with alot of white.

Christy

Oh, man, when it rains it pours, doesn't it?

Saying a prayer for all of you
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Prayers for Cassidy that all comes out ok. What a brave little girl she is.

Thanks guys. She went in at 7:30. They said it should take about 1 1/2 hours to do. As long as it's as straight forward as they think it is. So we are just waiting for her to get done. I'll write more either this afternoon or tonight.

christy

She got out at 9am. I got to go in and see her at 9:45. She slept most of the afternoon as we were up at 4:30 this morning. She's eating and drinking. She's gone potty twice. She's hopping on her leg with us helping her. She has a drain in her leg until we leave tomorrow. They said it went well and very easy. She can have a follow up at her peditrician or at the wound care center near us in 2 weeks. So now it's just the healing process. Thanks for everyones prayers and thoughts.

Christy and family

It's so good to hear that things went well with Cassidy's surgery! Praying for a quick and complete recovery!

Me too. Today she's in more pain. They were giving her oxicodone and tylenol every 4-6 hours, then they started to just give her the oxycodone. She was in more pain that way, but I forgot to ask if I could still give her the tylenol too. She had a slight fever this afternoon and we gave her tylenol for that and she's very comfortable now and able to get up on her crutches and walk to the bathroom. She's sleeping right now and ic comfy. She's sleeping on the couch for now, she probably won't be able to do the stairs for a while as she'll be on the crutches for at least 2 weeks. I'll try to update regularly as to how she's doing.

Christy

Christy

I'm so happy it came out well and Cassidy's doing good. Give her loads of love from us.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I hope she is doing well and her recovery is fast and she feels better soon. So sorry you guys have to go through this. It is worse when it is your kids than when something is wrong with you.

Thanks everyone. She's getting around really well with and without the crutches. She's not in much pain either. So I think she'll be her normal self in no time.

Christy

Sorry to hear about your little kitty. I will be keeping Cassidy in my thoughts for a speedy and low pain recovery.

Latest posts

Back