Weight loss challenge folks, have you heard

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
I found this past week in the natural foods section of our Food Lion a bread called Ezekiel Bread, it is a whole sprouted grain bread that is flowerless, low glycemic and fat free, at 0%. It is made from the old testiment verse Ezekiel 4:9 "Take also unto Thee wheat and barley and beans and lentils and millet and spelt and put it into a vessel and make bread."

I had never heard of SPELT before but this is fabulous, 80 cal per slice of 3% protein , no cholesterol, no fat, high fiber . IT comes in Cinnamon raisin, sessame and another that slips my mind. It is in the frozen section of the natural foods.

This is very satisfying and very healthy and very crunchy as toast.... Meets the flavor, crunch, satisfation requirements of my restricted diet. ITs a bit pricy at $4.95 a loaf but well worth it!

Try it.

you will like it.

Happy dieting!

Lyn

Lyn they also have spelt crackers [they call them spelt flat breads]. They are all organic and are one of the few things I can have that I really enjoy. Its called Suzie's spelt Flat Breads cracker snacks. They come in Italian Herbs and many other flavors. They are reallly good. Ezekiel also puts out a cereal and its not bad either. Linda

My parents have been eating this bread. There dr put them on it to lose weight and lower blood pressure, they are eating this bread and LOTS of vegetables and fruits. It is working BUT they are getting tired of eating like horses (they say grass)

I havent tried it yet but the cinnamon raisen bread sounds good...

I've heard of it, but I can't eat it. I'm allergic to wheat, but I can eat spelt, so I use spelt pasta, bread, and spelt flour for baking cookies. I love the Suzie Flatbread crackers!! My regular grocery store now carries a lot of "gluten free" products, which I can eat also. It took a long time to get used to the change for cooking, because all of the "cream of" soups which are wonderful for casseroles have wheat flour in them, and pretty much anything that you don't have to make from scratch.
default_sad.png

Heard about it the other night while watching Biggest Looser. They made Thanksgiving stuffing with it. Sounds like something to try.

Latest posts

Back