Wee Foal 120 test is NEGATIVE, I read it wrong!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HavingFun

Reaction score
Thanks to weerunner for pointing it out...2 lines is NEGATIVE!! I'm a dork!

I'm so excited, scared, nervous. I never thought I would see two lines on a pregnancy test again in this house.
default_laugh.png

The only thing I'm worried about is that it wasn't refrigerated, it says in the directions that could cause a false positive. However on the front it only says to refrigerate for longer shelf life, this test doesn't expire until August of next year.

I'm going to go call my mother-in-law!

Then I better start reading everything I can! She is due in December, I think I'm going to need heat of some sort for her right? I don't want the foal to freeze. Now I have all of these months to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!! Welcome to the world of joyful insantity!
default_saludando.gif
default_laugh.png

default_488.gif
Woohoo! Congratulations!!

Do you have photos of mare and sire you could share with us please??
default_biggrin.png

I do, I'll have to figure out how to get them on here.. In my avatar she is the lighter colored horse on the right. I know you want a better picture then that though.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm second guessing a bit because my urine sample was kind of dirty. I taped a maxi pad over her vulva and caught it that way but she pooped before she peed so it was kind of soiled. I wonder if I should do another test.
default_wink.png

lol...sorry not funny...but it really is. I tried for a couple of years before i got my daughter (fertility drugs and all) and when the test finally came back positive i kept second guessing it and taking another test....you know, just to be sure. I told my obgyn that and she laughed at me. She said that if the test detected the pregnancy horomone in my urine then it was going to be there no mater what. I'm thinking it is gonna be the same with a horse!

I'm just praying everything goes well. I honestly didn't think she could be bred as she had been with a stud for a few years before I got her and never had a foal, they lived together 24/7.

Someone gave me a mini stallion and I put them together for a month or 2 before I got him gelded. I kind of thought it would be neat to have a foal, then I started reading here and changed my mind. So..this is our only chance at a foal. I think I will drive my husband crazy by December, I just might be living outside with the horses by then! ;)

If you are like me you might want to get mare stare...i was practically living out in the barn before i got it!

wow, wait now. The weefoal 120 test is positive if there is ONE line, not two. Unless they changed it just recently. Check your directions and make sure that two line is postive, I'm pretty sure that's a negative reading.

Oh my Gosh weerunner you are RIGHT, It's NEGATIVE!! I feel like such a moron, although..I'm relieved because I've already been driving myself nuts with worry since she would have been due in December.

You can now label me the forum idiot!
default_laugh.png

Okay, though human pregnancy test 2 lines are positive right. Please tell me I'm not that nuts. The second line is the control line which tells you the test worked, if the first one is there it means pregnant.

Well I'm glad about that at least Jess, I thought maybe I had completely gone of the deep end.

default_saludando.gif
So sorry to hear that ,, but your not a moron we all make mistakes.....

Good luck next time

At first I was really embarassed that I had posted this here. Then I thought...I'm really glad I did, who knows if I ever would have figured it out otherwise, well at least before she got way past her "due date".
default_new_shocked.gif

Oh no. Thats a bummer! Sorry to hear. I could tell you were really excited.

I didnt even click with the two lines comment! One weefoal test is one line, and the other is two - and yes, human ones are two as well. Your not losing the plot lol

Well maybe this season if they're still running together you'll have better luck
default_smile.png

The Weefoal 38 is positive if there is two lines just like a human pregnancy test. But for some reason I don't reallyh understand the 120 day test is positve if there is one line. Actually I like the 38 day test much more for it's clear lines. The 120 day test has a fuzzy second line that leaves a person guessing as to whether it is a real line or not, but once you see it a few times you know it.

Latest posts

Back