We play, we spin, we dance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
As many of you know, I do a lot of clicker training with my two horses, especially my mare Kassie. Just thought that I would share some of our latest and greatest as I know I haven't posted trick pictures in a long time. Kassie and I entered Peggy Hogan's clicker training bath challenge and I will post a link to our video.

I'm incredibly proud of my girls and wouldn't trade my special bond with them for the world. Each day they make me smile, they are always ready for our games and Kassie especially is an incredibly fast learner and loves learning new tricks and figuring things out. We're always up for a challenge! Without further ado, here are my girls, who I love so very much.
default_wub.png

I apologize for the blurry pictures, some are kind of neat but others are hard to see, my brother was nice enough to take pictures for me but it was getting dark out on the day we took most of them.

Here I am with my girl Kassie. She's lying down on the grass in this picture, giving me kisses.
default_wub.png

4jtcmo.jpg

Standing on a box while holding a whip

1z48qib.jpg

We run

11j52sn.jpg

2ajw5zn.jpg

We back

2vmd6gx.jpg

We stop

k00ytl.jpg

We spin

2gwcl7m.jpg

We dance
default_wub.png

jui9ao.jpg

Here she is lying down (an older trick)

x608zq.jpg

wu5b1h.jpg

Sit

2hzqyit.jpg

More Coming....

One of her newer tricks is walking over the box, which is harder than it seems because she is so used to just stepping up and standing on it.

We've been working on this for two days now and she's really getting it!

b4spvp.jpg

Eventually my goal is to train her to back up onto the box. We'll get there.

qot9v7.jpg

And standing IN the box, another new one.

2gw728o.jpg

And my little one Covergirl, I can't forget her.
default_wub.png
She doesn't know as much as Kassie but is getting better. I'll have to get better photos of her but here are just a few of her tricks. She's a real sweetheart and so mellow and happy-go-lucky.

2akh5k1.jpg

2vifeit.jpg

Saying YES!

20ggpwm.jpg

Backing up

aebbf9.jpg

Thanks for letting me share, they are my pride, joy, and truly my world.
default_wub.png

Rebecca

Edited to add- here's the link to the video for the clicker training challenge Kassie and I entered, the challenge was to train a horse to choose being bathed over eating grass, all off lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!! Tell your brother "Thank you!" for taking the photos so we could see. It's so nice to see the bond you share with your girls. I love all the pics--but the smile on you in one is a favorite (#2)--and one with you holding up your leg so Cover Girl does makes me laugh!

I wish you lived closer to me.

Rebecca, you are an AWESOME trainer!!! Your girls adore you as much as you adore them. It shows!!!!! Good job!!!!! Now I'm going to watch the video!!

Joyce

Awesome! Looks like you have so much fun! What good horses! (Put some shoes on though!!!)

Thanks for sharing!

Andrea

default_firstprize.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_saludando.gif

I love it....way to go Rebecca.

So you're going to teach them to back up the box? That's cool....gonna have to try that one with Magnified. I love the one standing in the box; that's too cute.

way to go...awesome trainer.

Thank you all! I love them very much and love to share them with others.

Karla- I wish I lived closer to you too! I'll have to make a trip sometime to New York. I'll bring a clicker and a bag of carrots!
default_wink.png

Peggy- Yup, the goal is to back up onto the box. Pretty darn difficult because they have to know when to lift their hind legs and it involves quite a bit of trust. Maybe a cue for lifting the back legs will be taught. It's a tricky one but Kassie will get it in no time once I figure out how I want to teach it to her.

Thank you all again for your kind compliments, they mean a lot.
default_wub.png

Rebecca

I would love to learn how to clicker train my ponys...recomend any good books? I dont have a clicker trainer near me .

You really are one of my favorite forum people Rebecca. Great job! You continue to inspire me when I feel like I've hit a mental roadblock about what to teach my horse next. The baby is easy- he's got so much to learn! But sometimes it seems like Kody and I are stagnating and I know he's bored spitless during his recovery. I really want to do some pedestal work but Dad hasn't had time to build me a safe stand- does that box work pretty well?

Leia

That is amazing stuff!!! Congrats!

Now, I have got to learn more about the clicker training method! I've seen it done with dogs but not with horses. Anyone with a good source of information...let me (and I'm sure others) know!

Latest posts

Back