Visited our first Fell Pony Farm today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
We've just started researching the Fell Pony breed and discovered some folks who had a few here about 30 miles from us.......So we arranged a visit!

The folks were wonderful and informative and the horses were .......were..........AWESOME. I just don't trust how friendly these big 13+ hand of fuzzy teddybear/equines are! We need to visit a lot more farms and ranches to learn about these guys.........

As you can see, Larry brought the camera.......smart guy. :bgrin

MA

FellPonyBendOROctober7028.jpg

They are beautiful! I know I have seen some in a driving darby at the Western States Horse Expo and then at the Shady Oaks CDE.

That is neat MA. And yes... Fells are wonderful!! There are two farms in OR that I know of...you visited one of course. And there is the main one in WA. Musta Fells... if I remember correctly.

Thanks Shari.........Found them. Turns out I've seen their website. It's Musta Hevonan Fells, actually.

And it turns out there is that one in Rainer and one in Snohomish..........plus the one in Bend and at least two others in Oregon -- in the valley. We hope to visit them all during our further investigations.

Larry is heading out on a hauling trip later this week and has arranged to visit a couple of farms in other parts of the country as well.

I LOVE visiting farms, but we have a lot of stuff to learn still and it's going to take time.

MA

I really wanted a Fell for a cart pony.......

So are you thinking of getting a Fell MA? I have spent time with 5 different ones over the years..and all have been sweet and easy going.

Just to bad they are not gaited!!

Let's just say we are considering getting more than one Fell pony, if Larry and I like what we learn about them. They sure aren't cheap!

We have been pleased to find out that they are all DNAed and MicroChipped. The registry for them is based in the UK and it's unlikely there will ever be a U.S. offshoot, which doesn't bother me.

MA

Miniv said:
And it turns out there is that one in Rainer and one in Snohomish..........plus the one in Bend and at least two others in Oregon -- in the valley. We hope to visit them all during our further investigations.
There's a Fell breeder in Snohomish?? :new_shocked: Good lord, my little town has grown up around my ears and I never even noticed. Andalusians, sport ponies, welshes, QH's, Morgans, miniatures, Fell ponies...how come I never seem to see a new horse from the road if there's all these breeders around? Snohomish is not that big.....
default_wacko.png
:

Leia

You don't trust how friendly the Fell Ponies are? You should see how friendly the Friesians are and they are HUGE. Fells look just like mini Friesians. I went to visit a Friesian farm once and the people there owned a Fell. The lady had an accident in a cart with a Friesian. So she bought a mini to drive. Then she took a step up again and bought a Fell.

Latest posts

Back