Updated photos....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
Woooweee!!! Look at those heads!!!! And the legs seem to go on forever!

default_wub.png

I am so jealous of all of these babies!

wow aren't they both beautiful! What a difference it makes huh? Congrats again on your wonderful foaling so far!

We tried to do the "v" clip on our buckkin foal and now he looks like a raccoon! oh lordie we made a mistake. LOL We don't use surgical blades or razors (hopefully that's our problem) .. his muzzle is blackish but around his eyes is tannish - he looks like a hoot owl or a raccoon poor little fella! haha I sure won't get any pictures with this new look! urgh!

You're clipping on your babies looks wonderful! Congratulations again on some fabulous foals!

default_new_shocked.gif
wow

what nice foals you have had this year.

i love the pinto
default_biggrin.png

how old were they when you trimmed them in the photos

They are beautiful babies, they look very refined. Can't wait to see them all clipped down!

White Tail, my 09 colt Eli also clipped out that way the first time, he was born a bright gold buckskin then when I clipped him at 3 days old he was VERY dark with light tan around his eyes. Now as a yearling we think he is sooty buckskin maybe? Or maybe just a darker buckskin. The tan eyeshadow went away with subsequent clippings
default_smile.png

wow aren't they both beautiful! What a difference it makes huh? Congrats again on your wonderful foaling so far!
We tried to do the "v" clip on our buckkin foal and now he looks like a raccoon! oh lordie we made a mistake. LOL We don't use surgical blades or razors (hopefully that's our problem) .. his muzzle is blackish but around his eyes is tannish - he looks like a hoot owl or a raccoon poor little fella! haha I sure won't get any pictures with this new look! urgh!

You're clipping on your babies looks wonderful! Congratulations again on some fabulous foals!

[SIZE=12pt]OMG I tried to do the "v" clip also and messed it up terribly. That's why I went ahead and just clipped their head/necks down on them. I have a friend that's mastered the "v" clip and she uses a #10 blade. I just can't seem to get it. I'm blaming it on the wiggly baby. Ha![/SIZE]

default_new_shocked.gif
wowwhat nice foals you have had this year.

i love the pinto
default_biggrin.png

how old were they when you trimmed them in the photos

[SIZE=12pt]I just clipped the little wiggle worms this week.... So the colt "Chaos" is almost (2) months old and "Integrity" is just a tad bit younger than him. [/SIZE]

The weather has been in the high 70's and I just couldn't stand not knowing what was under all that hair.

Beautiful babies--the bay sure grabs me.

I'm glad you skipped the v clip--it looks silly even if one gets it right.
default_laugh.png

Beautiful babies--the bay sure grabs me.
I'm glad you skipped the v clip--it looks silly even if one gets it right.
default_laugh.png

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you.... Unfortunately, I'm not able to keep them though.[/SIZE]

The "v" clip was proving more difficult than just the regular clip and I'm not a professional at clipping them either way.

[SIZE=12pt]OMG I tried to do the "v" clip also and messed it up terribly. That's why I went ahead and just clipped their head/necks down on them. I have a friend that's mastered the "v" clip and she uses a #10 blade. I just can't seem to get it. I'm blaming it on the wiggly baby. Ha![/SIZE]
Kimberle that makes me feel alittle better then! LOL If the best find it hard to do, then maybe I expected too much here. LOL And, upon further inspection, it seems that the blades weren't really sharp enough so they didn't go close to the eye. The color difference I'm seeing is because the hair is still there - DUH - I should have looked closer. LOL

Latest posts

Back