University Co-op term

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaniceZ

Reaction score
hello all!

I am a second year student in university here in Ontario. I am studying enviromnent and resource studies in hopes of working in restoration ecology
default_smile.png

Some background on my situation: In January I am supposed to start my first co-op placement. I have applyed to over 50 places advertising for co-op students and about 10 places that were not looking. I havent heard back from any of them. :S. My Aunt and Uncle however have a partnership with a restoration firm. They have told me that if i ever want to work for them I am welcome. Which I am truely lucky to have.

Here is the delema:

2. I have to find someone to sublet my house if i dont find a job in my town. Finding a subletter now for January is going to be difficult. waiting any longer might be inpossible.
  3. There are very few environmentally related jobs left. For example, one of my friends had an interview to be a janitor, another to be a secritary. I would rather work for my aunt then do something completely unrelated to my program.
  4. Acedemic advisors always say it it best to work for as many companies as possible. keeping that in mind I dont really want to work for my aunt and uncle more then one term unless i really have to. If I work for them in January I will be working in the nursery. If I 'save' working for them until a summer or a fall co-op, i could be helping plan and exicute the restoration work. Which is what I want to do when I graduate. Having that experience would be invaluable.

So I am confused as to what I should do: should i work for my aunt and uncle, Should I keep searching for a job and risk getting something completely unrelated to my program, and risk being unable to find a subletter?

Latest posts

Back