Twisted or broken.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad you are going for an xray. Make sure to tell them about the loud pop. Very important, as that could be a sign of a torn ligament.

Good luck!

I am really glad you're getting the x-ray!!! I hope it's "just" a sprain but either way, it's really good you're going in and having it looked at.

It's been about 2 months ago since I broke my ankle. I had climbed over the fence & when I jumped down, my left foot went into a hole. My ankle turned, popped really loud & I went down. After I got over the initial pain & everyone decided I wasn't just sitting down petting the kitties, they came to help me up. I have weak ankles from playing basketball many years and just thought it was sprained again. But, after about an hour with ice on it & elevated, the pains started shooting up my leg like never before. I knew it was broken. After an ER visit, and Dr visit, they just put me in a boot. The small bone on the outside of my leg was broken. It still swells alot and some days hurts alot.

I could still wiggle my toes even tho it was broken. It's best to have it x-rayed to know for sure.

I'll be thinking of you!

Janis

Even if it's just sprained, if they offer PT, TAKE IT! I sprained my ankle 2 years ago playing softball and it reinjures very easily and hurts when turned at certain angles.

Thanks again you guys..for sharing your stories with me! I truly appreciate it!

Ok DONE! Got my x-rays this morning at 11:30. It was a bit painful the way they manipulated my foot....and goodness they took about 7 of them. I guess they wanted to make sure at each angle they could that everything is ok. I won't know the results until tonight or tomorrow if my dr. receives the reports right away. I'm surprised that it's not too swollen today and not real colorful either. The only pain I'm feeling is if I turn it in any way other than just putting pressure on it. It's definitely stiff and I have to be careful when I walk, but other than that it feels "ok". I'll keep you all posted.

Weird! They told me IMMEDIATELY that they saw the fracture..........

MA

I thought about asking too how the ankle was but I was afraid I'd sound too anxious about possible bad news. hehe.

Hope the ankle is better!

Thanks for asking you guys...this is really rediculous!
default_rolleyes.gif
I STILL have not heard anything back from the dr.'s office! Mom says maybe because there is nothing there like a fracture or it's broken or anything...but still I'd like to know. I'm putting a call into the dr.'s office today. My ankle, altho still a bit swollen, I can turn it more than when it first happened. Still hard to flex in some situations tho.

I asked the x-ray tech when I got finished if she wcould give me a heads up, but she said they send them to another town where they read them, and then fax the report over to my dr. who should have called me that afternoon. I should'nt be surprised tho....it's typical for my dr.'s office to drop the ball. I keep saying I'm changing offices...and I have'nt yet.

Thank you guys for asking how I was doing! I will let you all know as soon as I speak with the dr.'s office. I don't think there's anything unusual ...as "hopefully" they would've contacted me by now.
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back