~ tummy/stomach rumbles & noises ~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
Bailey's tummy 'growls and rumbles'. He seems healthy, happy and content. He is eating well, pooing well and runs and plays like a weanling should. The vet listened to his tummy and said it sounded 'normal'.

Is this anything I should be concerned about? He's not hungry is he? My belly gets like that when I am hungry. He grazes on grass all day, has access to hay and then fed loose feed twice a day.

Be VERY happy with all the noise! It means his digestive system is active and healthy..........

When a horse has an impaction colic, you do NOT hear those gurgles and rumbles.........then you get scared!

MA

Tummy noises are one of the bests things!
default_yes.gif
:

Next to a good appetite and good poop, tummy sounds are music to our ears, as are pony farts! Means a happy healthy digestion system which equals a happy healthy horse!

Next to a good appetite and good poop, tummy sounds are music to our ears, as are pony farts! Means a happy healthy digestion system which equals a happy healthy horse!
I'm with you Debs. Funny how good horse noises can bring us so much joy especially if waiting for them for awhile when they've been absent.
default_yes.gif
:

What vet's call 'healthy gut sounds'! If they have none, they are in trouble!

I always tell people that are new to horses, to listen ALOT, to their horses bowel sounds, when the horse is WELL. Then you will know what sounds or lack of are normal or not.

I have gotten pretty good at telling a gas colic from an impaction colic etc. If you don't have a stethoscope( you can get them cheaply in Jeffers catalogs or the other catalogs), press your ear to BOTH sides of the abdomen and listen for a full minute or as long as the horse doesn't dance away.

Latest posts

Back