Training Nefertiti

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Well, Nefertiti is accepting her halter and leadline without as much fuss as when we first started. She stands quietly when she realizes she gets to wear a halter like the older girls. :aktion033:

Picking hooves is going well - she still does not like her left hind hoof touched and she protests with flying feet... we took that foot a step back and if she picks it up quietly, she is rewarded.

Grooming is getting better... she will stand for a brushing and will groom me back gently.

She is leading on the leadline in her stall... she is still young and Intrepid's presence helps immensely. She watches what I do with the other horses and she wants to be a part of it.

I am so grateful for this little filly... a year ago I could only dream of finding a filly like her... and as a big plus, I have her dam and had the opportunity to see her born!
default_yes.gif
:

Neffie is venturing out to socialize with the rest of the herd... she challenged our smallest mini, Independence this week by coming at her on her hind legs - a big bold move for a filly who has been glued to Intrepid. Indy ignored her and Neffie then reared up and climbed on her mom. Intrepid sets the guidelines for acceptable behavior and Neffie has been scolded more than once.

Gotta say, I love my Moderns!
default_wub.png
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back