The Rolex will air before the Preakness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
NBC Will Air the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event Prior to the Preakness Stakes on May 16
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Just before super-filly Rachel Alexandra tries to spoil Kentucky Derby longshot winner Mine That Bird's attempt to win the second leg of the Triple Crown, don't miss Headley Brittania gallop to the top of the Rolex Kentucky CCI**** with a history-making performance.

This fantastic little horse took on the boys and won, becoming the first mare to claim the honors in the history of the event. For Australian rider Lucinda Fredericks, Little Brit blazed around the Kentucky Horse Park and added to her sparkling resume with the win.

Presented by Canon, the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event telecast will air Saturday, May 16 at 3:30 p.m. EST on NBC.

Don't miss the best eventing horses and riders in the world tackle one of the toughest courses and vie for a Rolex watch and more than $250,000 in prize money.

Then watch another battle of the sexes at Pimlico with the 134thrunning of the Preakness.

Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event

Saturday, May 16, 2009

3:30-4:30 p.m. ET

On NBC

thanks for posting this, I would have missed it, but I will be parked in front of my TV for the Rolex and The preakness. I would have hated to miss it!

thanks for posting I have autotuned it so I do not forget

Thank you so much for your reminder of the telecast.

My heart is always in my throat watching cross-country, and with 3 equine deaths in two years at the Rolex, it really makes me wince. I don't know if the course designers are making things too difficult or the horses have medical problems or if it is rider error, but it is a serious worry.

I do have a lot of interest watching all the events and thank you for your reminder.

Go Rachel Alexandra!

Thanks for posting this!

However...here in NW Oregon, they've predicted a warm, sunny Saturday, and now I'll be spending the afternoon indoors...and NBC comes in horribly here...

At least Keith will be getting our DTV antenna set up on Sunday...he doesn't need another excuse to procrastinate. Nothing like waiting 'til the last moment!

Thanks for letting us know! I love the Rolex and would love to compete in it someday way in the future. I love eventing! But I do wish that the course designers would be easier on the horses in the upper levels. I hope Mind that Bird wins the Preakness. There hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in years.

Thanks for the reminder! I did not get to see much of the course this year, so it will be fun to rewatch it
default_yes.gif

My heart is always in my throat watching cross-country, and with 3 equine deaths in two years at the Rolex, it really makes me wince. I don't know if the course designers are making things too difficult or the horses have medical problems or if it is rider error, but it is a serious worry.

Just wanted to say, the horse that died this year had an aneurysm, so his death was not directly related to the jump. It is still tragic though, and heaven knows we really needed to make it though this year without something like that happening again
default_no.gif

I hope Mind that Bird wins the Preakness.
I was hoping for that as well... but then I found out that Rachel Alexandra was running against the boys... and now I am torn...
default_wacko.png

QUOTE I hope Mind that Bird wins the Preakness.

I was hoping for that as well... but then I found out that Rachel Alexandra was running against the boys... and now I am torn...

Me too, but since I have been reading that the owners of other horses are planning to try and box her in (as they don't want a filly to win
default_no.gif
, same thing they did to Winning Colors and Genuine Risk) I gotta go with her.

Robin

Kingpin, who was ridden by Mike Winter, "suffered a hemorrhage of the large vessels in the abdomen unrelated to any jumping effort or trauma." (that was taken from from the Horse-Canada website). It was also the same thing that took event horse Tigger Too last year.

There was also the British Rider killed at Belton Horse Trials within a day of Kingpin dying.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/281435.html

And more recently Bailey Wick, ridden by Phillip Dutton at the Jersey Fresh Horse Trials in New Jersey last weekend. The horse fell at a jump...ended up somersaulting over the jump and landed on his neck.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2009/05/074.shtml

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/282250.html

There have been a few other casualties (for lack of a better term) in the eventing world lately....I don't know why, and I won't point fingers....maybe there have always been this many, but with the advancement of technology, more people are learning about them MUCH quicker.

I do feel after watching the Olympics, there were a number of horse & riders who shouldn't have been on the cross-country course (all but one of the Canadians looked WAYYY out of their leagues....). The riding was very, very sloppy in some cases....that doesn't help out the injury/risk factor...

As for the Preakness, I really, really want Mine That Bird to win....but after hearing Rachel Alexandra was running...she's gonna win....if she doesn't run into problems along the way

~kathryn

That's too bad. I really enjoyed watching the bit of Rolex coverage, but I must say I am on pins and needles waiting for the Preakness. I watched Rachel Alexandra in several races on youtube, and wow, all I can say is that she is an amazing filly! I can't help feeling she will win too, but you never know for sure with horse racing. I would love to see a Triple Crown winner also.

"...all I can say is that she is an amazing filly!"
You can say that again. And she's gorgeous. I played Lotto 6/49 today. It's for $40 000 000. So...if I win, I could buy her and turn her into a lovely hunter/jumper
default_whistling.gif
Then again, I could do much smarter things with that kind of money
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back