The Birth of Firenza

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I think this video came out great, this is Stepper foaling out her filly last Wednesday. Everything went perfectly, this is the way it should be! Looking back at it, I can't believe how calm I look because my heart was beating out of my chest! So grateful to my wonderful mare, who has had three fillies for me and is now to be retired to a life of leisure and fun. Thanks also to Leia (HobbyHorse23) who skillfully handled the video camera.
default_aktion033.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udf98wTC_5U

Oh fantastic! Well done to you all and thanks for sharing!
default_yes.gif

Anna

Oh goodness, that was precious. I love your style--calm, patient, respectful of the mare to have it quiet and peaceful. Thank you.
default_wub.png

Leia--wonderful work.

barnbum said:
I love your style--calm, patient, respectful of the mare to have it quiet and peaceful. Thank you.
default_wub.png
Despite her nervousness Amy stayed outwardly calm and was all about being there for Steppers. It was a sacred space, very intimate, and I was honored to be allowed to attend. Steppers is really only comfortable with Amy whether she's pregnant or not so I was trying to stay far back and unintrusive so she wouldn't be alarmed by my presence. She was such an awesome mama! Rested a bit but was immediately interested in her baby, whickering and kissing and loving on her. Such a blessing to witness! Thanks again for letting me be there Amy.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Amy.......you did look so very calm....kudos!!!

Leia, awesome job with the video camera!!!
default_smile.png

Hugs to Stepper....she looked so exhausted at the end there, with her head resting up the wall.....I bet she was happy it was done too...but what a darling filly!

thank you all for the comments. I am so happy to have a video documentary of the event, because it will be the last here at Finch Meadow. I am one that finds it too hard to place my horses, they are my children each and every one. You can only keep so many, LOL! I am savoring each day with my little tiny girl, realizing how fast she will grow. Thank you Leia. You are a good friend.
default_wub.png

ClickMini said:
I am so happy to have a video documentary of the event, because it will be the last here at Finch Meadow. ...Thank you Leia. You are a good friend.
default_wub.png
I'm glad it all worked out. (Oh, and you are so going to owe me when it comes time to put Turbo to the cart and start the pair and tandem!
default_new_rofl.gif
I need someone who knows what they're doing to be my ground helper and you're the closest one....)

Leia

That was amazing..I have never seen a foal 'kick' before it was even born..that was just...very neat to see...thanks for sharing this..I had to watch it a couple times....good job BTW!!! and congratulations on a healthy and lively foal :eek:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had to tell you, my sister just came back from Europe, she spent a lot of time in Rome, our grandfather came from Naples. Anyway, one of her gifts to me I couldn't read, but it had Firenza on it, lol.

Latest posts

Back