Special Christmas Party

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday, the Houston Area Carriage Association held their annual Christmas Party but it wasn't just your usual party. It was held at the Brookwood Community, a home for special needs adults located in Brookshire, Texas.

Several of us took our horses and carriages and gave rides to about 50-60 of the residents. One of our members brought a parade wagon that held about 12 pulled by a pair of Friesans. There were several other carriages pulled by big horses and 3 of us took our minis. We gave rides until everyone was ridden out. I don't know who enjoyed it more, the residents or us. It was truly a wonderful time.

Then we had a fantastic lunch in their Cafe which is staffed by their residents and is open to the public. Unfortunately, it's located right next to their gift shop which wound up costing me a bundle. Each resident has a job according to their talent and ability and there are some wonderful gifts in the shop. In addition, they have a very large nursery and greenhouses where they produce some really nice plants. They actually supply about 80% of all Poinsettas for the Houston area.

It was a rewarding event for all of us.

default_wink.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

That's awesome, Al, I love to hear about things like this. Pictures are great, but I understand how busy one can be during these things.

It's nice to hear about the things they do to support themselves and give back to the community, too.
default_smile.png

Liz

What a wonderful event right here at Christmas!

Oh, Al, that is fantastic. But where are the pictures.

You and Vickie are going to help me teach a horse to drive. I have the cart.......now I need the rest to go with it. I don't want to show just to have fun with it.

Latest posts

Back