Speaking of spiders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
Going of of Minimor's thread this is the spider I found the other night. I've tried to identify it online without any luck. My thoughts were it being a wolf spider, but the color seems to be all wrong of the wolf spiders I've found online. Any ideas what it is? Oh and this spider was HUGE!!! Yes I fell bad I swatted it, but it had crawled over Lakota and then headed for me on the couch....that was my reflex action to slap it with a slipper....still feel bad tho.... but couldn't take the chance of it biting us if it was aggressive.

IMG_7385.jpg

It's a wolf spider....big and ugly, but pretty harmless. It will bite, but not poisonous.

It is a wolf spider and they do vary a bit in color. They are aggressive by that I mean we had one as a kid living under our wash machine and when you walked up to the wash machine it would come at you...well needless to say he did that one too many times!

Okie dokie then......I would not want to be bitten by something that huge either way.

Does he have 2 horns on his butt/back? I have no idea what they are but we have a ton of them. We also have some that are shiny black and are shaped like a black widow. But they have a marbled white mark over their backsides. I have no idea what they are.

Latest posts

Back