Smart Paks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauralee

Reaction score
I just got a catalog in the mail from Smart Paks. They take your favorite supplement or feed additive and put it into sealed premeasured cups, customized for each horse.

Has anyone used these?

The catalog says they will do a custom dose, also. Such as, smaller doses for our miniature horses.

I have been ordering from the big buckets. I have thought about getting the smart packs though. Less chance of the supplements going rancid in which I have had a problem in the past.

Am sure they would make them for mini's.

Hello,

I used these for our big appaloosa stallion until he passed away. It really is a great idea.......especially if you have to have someone else feed for you while you're away. They come labeled with your horse's name and in a plastic container much like a drawer that pulls out.

Pam

I just got a catalog in the mail from Smart Paks. They take your favorite supplement or feed additive and put it into sealed premeasured cups, customized for each horse.

Has anyone used these?

The catalog says they will do a custom dose, also. Such as, smaller doses for our miniature horses.

I used Smart Paks on a big mare who was in a boarding situation - great, insures that the horse gets exactly what they need.

Jan

I was just getting ready to order and figured I would just divide what was in one "pack" by 4 for a mini but if they do special doses that is even better

I have thought about this, especially for the minis. If you only have one on a certain supplement, it can easily get old before you have a chance to use up a tub designed for a full-size to go through in about a month. I just don't know if its economical. I've been toying with the idea of trying them for several years, like since I used to board my senior half-Arab gelding.

wow thats a really good idea. Especially if you board a horse. :bgrin Or go away :bgrin

My girls are all on SmartPaks - no missing a supplement because I didn't get to the feed store.... and they are dosed for my minis, Shetlands and my "big" horse.

It is great for my horsesitter - no confusion and the paks are labeled - and you can recycle the paks - I use them as seed starters - put a wet peat pot in the pak, add your seed and put another pak over the top - mini greenhouse!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Denise

Silversong Farm

I board horses here and all our horses are on them. It makes my life much easier! I have to admit with 9 smart paks though, I feel terrible tossing all those packages.

Latest posts

Back