Shafts on my new Aerocrown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann knight

Reaction score
Well after almost 10 weeks I finally have my new Aerocrown. I love it and I have not even hitched up to my boy yet
default_laugh.png

I am swallowing my pride in asking this question at the risk of sounding stupid. On the shafts there are 2 ( one on each shaft) it looks like stops . Are these to keep the tugs from sliding down the shaft and I am assuming that the tug hould be on the side closest to the end of the shaft . I hope you can understand what I am asking . Thanks for help . I want to make sure I do this right ....Ann

Don't feel stupid! Yes, those are called "shaft stops" or "tug stops" and they do exactly what you think they do. Should your breeching fail the shaft stops will keep the shaft from sliding forward through the tug loops and letting the cart run up on your horse. Make sure the stops are positioned behind your tugs and then hitch up as normal.

Congratulations on your new vehicle! You know we want pictures.
default_laugh.png

Leia

Thank you Leia for your reply ( again
default_laugh.png
) . I will send pictures . I've looked at Angie's posts about her cart and it has really helped , so hopefully I can get mine balanced okay .

Thanks again your the best
default_saludando.gif
....Ann

whooo hooo, welcome to the aerocrown club.
default_aktion033.gif
I LOVE my new cart too!
default_wub.png

Congrats Ann! Mine makes me smile everytime I look at it. I can't wait to see pix and hear what you think.

Angie

Thanks Angie!

I am hoping to get out tomorrow ......I'll give a report . I will try to post pictures but i have not had any luck with trying to post a picture to the avatar .

I will appreciate any suggestions for adjustments ...I want to make it easy for my boy ....
default_saludando.gif
...Ann

Okay, I have 2 very unflattering pictures of me ....but this is not about me
default_biggrin.png
! Please send any suggestions as I will really appreciate any help . Thanks.....Ann

002.JPG

001.JPG

Cute turnout, Ann! Looks like you've got the shafts set up well already. I'd raise your breeching quite a bit in the back and maybe your breastcollar a tiny bit as well but overall everything looks good.
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

Thank you Leia

I'll do tha with the breast collar and breeching . I love the ride of this cart ......I think I will try to sell my other cart...it would be like going back to Economy after going first class
default_yes.gif
. Our property is very hilly and can be rough if you don't stay in the middle . I don't even bounce around on the aerocrown where my ee cart, I feel like I could fly out at times . The aerocrown is much lower which makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable . Of course , at 5x what my other cart cost , there should be a good ride
default_aktion033.gif
. This is so much fun ! .......Ann

I have hills and bumps too and LOVE my aerocrown, sold my old cart and no going back. Glad you are happy with yours.

I use trace carriers on my harness because of the lower shafts, I don't see any on yours. Leia can explain if you need them or if they are just a good idea. I made mine out of little leather dog collars.

You really look nice in your new cart
default_wub.png
Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! You both look great
default_aktion033.gif
Leia gave you great suggestions on adjustments. Have fun with it and keep us posted with more pix.

I love mine
default_wub.png

Angie

Thanks Angie and Adair for your kind words ....I will try to get a better picture , where I don't look so serious
default_new_rofl.gif
, it's not a flattering look ! I need to get a leather punch as I was able to move the breeching up but am on the last whole for the breast collar . Now , all I need to do is get out and practise
default_risa8.gif
. Thanks for your help .....Ann

There was a person in the cart?
default_new_rofl.gif
Seriously, who looks at the person?!
default_biggrin.png

Adair is right, you should have some trace carriers hanging from the breeching ring. The angles were so correct that my eye didn't catch the lack! But I bet when you stop hard or going downhill the traces will still slacken and droop and we want to keep them from doing that so close to his hocks.

Use your own judgment on the breastcollar, it's pretty much correct but I thought there might be a little room for you to inch it up just a bit without pressing on his windpipe. I could be wrong! The pad makes it hard to tell.

Leia

Well after almost 10 weeks I finally have my new Aerocrown. I love it and I have not even hitched up to my boy yet
default_laugh.png

I am swallowing my pride in asking this question at the risk of sounding stupid. On the shafts there are 2 ( one on each shaft) it looks like stops . Are these to keep the tugs from sliding down the shaft and I am assuming that the tug hould be on the side closest to the end of the shaft . I hope you can understand what I am asking . Thanks for help . I want to make sure I do this right ....Ann
Congratulations on your new AeroCrowne. I know you will love it. I just got my MiniCrowne and it sure spoils you to have something so nice.

The only problem I have had is with the shafts. One loosened and somehow managed to go back into the "receiver" about 2 extra inches and then got stuck!! I had no idea how I was going to get the situation straightened out. Fortunately MDH is good with that type of problem. It is now marked with a little nick for the length and a little nick for the proper placement. It doesnt detract from the cart at all as he placed the little markers on the under side of the shaft.

I know they are supposed to be easily taken off and on. Just keep a measuring tape handy. Maybe there are tricks to the shaft deal that someone can share.

Other than that I have no complaints at all.

Georganne

Georganne

I had a hard time getting the shafts to the right length. My problem was the oposite and my favourite tool is the rubber mallett
default_new_rofl.gif
I know it says you could cut them off but there isn't any way I want to start cutting my expensive cart ( it cost me an extra $700. to get it here with taxes and shipping ) . I have marked the shafts and measured and it seems good . I love the cart and am starting to feel more comfortable in it . I do love where we live but I wish I could try the cart on level ground because it seems to be we are either going uphill where i wish i was 50 lbs lighter , or I am holding on for dear life going downhill , hoping I am in the middle of the trail
default_risa8.gif
. i just make sure I have my helmet on
default_biggrin.png

Ann

Georganne

I had a hard time getting the shafts to the right length. My problem was the oposite and my favourite tool is the rubber mallett
default_new_rofl.gif
I know it says you could cut them off but there isn't any way I want to start cutting my expensive cart ( it cost me an extra $700. to get it here with taxes and shipping ) . I have marked the shafts and measured and it seems good . I love the cart and am starting to feel more comfortable in it . I do love where we live but I wish I could try the cart on level ground because it seems to be we are either going uphill where i wish i was 50 lbs lighter , or I am holding on for dear life going downhill , hoping I am in the middle of the trail
default_risa8.gif
. i just make sure I have my helmet on
default_biggrin.png

Ann
The shipping is the killer. The shipping on mine came out about the same way yours did. However, isnt it fun to get to peek into the crate and see your new cart?.

Sure beats having to lay out all the pieces and try to figure out what goes to what.

I think I have the shaft problem solved.

Enjoy your ride!!!

Georganne

Latest posts

Back