Saying Hi and Dentist needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opeth13

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm in Warren, RI and I just got 2 minis, a dual registered ASPC/AMHR gelding who's 7, Silver Meadow's Jets Sky High (AKA Harley), and an AMHA gelding who's 4, LR Redis Rolling Seven a couple of weeks ago. I'm keeping them at my house and we've already gotten them and the dogs on speaking terms which is a huge plus. I put up a 12x16 pole barn which is still in progress and more of a run in at this point but adequate enough to keep them sheltered while we finish it up.

I was wondering if anyone in the area had a recommendation for a dentist with experience with mini's in the area. I was given the name of the one who does the big horses where I ride, but I know the mini's can have their own challenges and if there are any recommendations in the area it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to get my stalls in this weekend, I finished making the gates at work this week (mostly, just need to add the hinges and latch).

20130724_145908.jpg

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures for now. I haven't had much time to do much with them since it went from unseasonably warm to rain, but I'm hoping to get working with them soon.

-Crystal

20130512_123731.jpg

20130714_190004.jpg

20130714_190344.jpg

20130714_193224.jpg

20130716_184255.jpg

20130723_175229.jpg

If your big horse dentist is a certified equine dentist, he can work on yours without a problem.

This certified equine dentist in Oklahoma travels all over the United States. If she cannot get to your area, perhaps she is networked with an equine dentist in your area. Very professional to work with.

http://www.okequinedentistry.com/

It is so cool that you want to find a dentist! Since working with one, I've become a real believer in their specialty.

Good luck with your handsome boys and keep us posted with your activities.

I'm happy to see you here Crystal
default_smile.png
WELCOME!!!!!!

Those are nice looking boys you have!

Congratulations on your new minis. They are beautiful and look very happy in their new home. Your veterinarian should be able to float their teeth for you, but if they can't you can try Tom Gagnon from New York. He used travel this way and has done an excellent job on my horses in the past. His advertised # 315-298-5873 or Alison Mador from CT, I have heard wonderful things about her work. Her advertised # is 860-228-9078. (FYI I got these # from online published business listings, these are not personal or private #s ...just did not want people thinking that I was violating someone's privacy, thanks).Good Luck.

Thanks everyone. I know the vets can do it but Harley's teeth are pretty bad so I figured I'd be better off just calling the experts. He's dropping grain everywhere and a couple of his teeth just look very overgrown. Seven's aren't bad at all but I figure may as well have em both checked.

We've got the high fence area for them when we're out and they have full access to the barn back there. We've had them out in the main yard a lot trying to let their area recover since with them eating it and the high temps a lot of it burned up. Luckily we have really good ground water and it's coming back in ok.

OMG I had no idea that he passed. I am glad that you checked before calling too. I have been having the vet do my ponies teeth for the last few years, as I could only afford to have Tom out for the bad or corrective cases. That is too bad, he was a wonderful dentist and a very nice person. I can ask some of my clients who they have been using as a dentist.

Not sure how far you are from me (I'm in eastern MA) but I used Ed Dillon a few months ago and he's great with my two minis. I don't have his number on hand but I am sure I can find it if you can't find his info online. I'm at a decent-sized boarding facility and they've been using him for years, no complaints.

I Just wanted to comment that I like your little chestnut pinto. It looks like your minis are very loved!

Rbrown, he's easy to find, thanks
default_smile.png

Tab, thanks
default_smile.png
he's a little skittish but we're working on it. For now if i need to move them somewhere i just go catch harley and seven comes following after

Latest posts

Back