Saber with a Buster Cube dog toy (video)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstardanes

Reaction score
A couple days ago while going through the dogs toys I came across a Buster Cube we had gotten years ago.

I put some pieces of horse treats in it and gave it to Saber on our deck to see what he'd think of it.

Here's a video of him with it

I gave it to Saber again today and he's learned how after awhile of kicking and rolling it around to empty it of its treats.

So far its holding up to what he's giving it.

Of course he gets it with supervision.

Wondered if anyone else has given there minis something like this with success.

I can't watch any youtube stuff here at work but I'm sure I know what it is you are talking about. Yes, I have had a few versions of those for the horses. They love them but we end up loosing them as they push them around so much that they end up rolling through our wire fences into other peoples properties!

It sure is fun watching them realise that treats come out of the toy.

We usually just use a hard plastic bottle. Screw the lid on VERY tight and poke several holes in the bottle. I have a cribber and he loves it when I give him a bottle with feed inside. If I hang it, he uses it until he has ALL the feed out. If I give him 1 on the ground, he doesn't use it quite as much. Course, he usually manages to smatch it in so it won't roll anymore. However, bottles are easily replaced. Most of my horses like to have pop bottle to play with. I remove the caps and they like to stomp on them. I think they like to hear the noise!

I like the cube you have tho, looks like it would stand up to hard use.

Pam

Latest posts

Back