Roller coaster ups and downs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
First of all, so sorry for the delay in an update. My computer left home Wednesday night to go be prepped for a horse show (I was show manager at a show this weekend), so I had no way to update you guys.

Court was a waste of time, my ex DROPPED all the allegations...they must have been REALLY important @@...again @@. NOTHING changed drastically except longer Wednesday visits. The fact that I'll have to sell ANOTHER horse to pay the rest of my legal fees is the tough part.

I sold my Sporthorse mare and Friesian cross filly a few weeks ago. That was really hard. They were my dream horses and everything I had ever wanted, but their sale will resolve the majority of my debt remaining from the first THREE times my ex took me to court.

Ramble is improving, very, very slowly. We're still not SURE he'll make it, but we're still hopeful. The vet says he's starting to show a little interest in his surroundings and at least LOOK a little perkier, not just standing in the corner all of the time...poor baby.

The show update is on another post. It was GREAT!!!!

We had a beautiful, healthy frame overo shetland filly Thursday night and also lost a little miniature appaloosa filly (the one I've been waiting for 6 years for that mare to have).

...and my mustang mare Chica, that I have had 21 years, died this weekend while I was gone. Steve found her yesterday. Her health was declining, I just wasn't ready to lose her. She has been on medication for heaves and it wasn't having much effect. It was that "one more thing" factor, on top of everything else.

All in all, I'm ready for the good things to outweigh the bad already!

A belly bean update too- I've gone from "barely a belly" a few weeks ago to a basketball belly! The bean is doing GREAT and is starting to give gentle, but fiesty reminders that he/she is there thankyouverymuch~LOL I have a level 2 US on the 24th because my silly AFP test came back abnormal, which we expected due to my...ummm...advanced maternal age <g>
default_wacko.png
:

Another update!~Steve is meeting today with the man we lease the 35 acres (all hayfield that borders our yard on 2 sides) from. We are BUYING IT!!!!! I'm so excited. This means we do have the entire original farm now and all of the land surrounding the house!!! We have been SO worried that someone would buy it for chicken houses.....ICK! I can now look out my kitchen window at OUR hayfield, blowing in the hilltop wind and know it's ours..yipppeee!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:new_shocked: Wow, Laura.......you're not kidding about the emotional roller coaster!

Here's to finding a nice "UP" and keep it on a great high plateau!

MA

Well you did have a roller coaster of a weekend. On your ex, make him pay your legal fees or ask for them the next time he takes you to court. You can always ask and that might deter him from going so often. Sorry you lost your Chica but now you have an angel in heaven along with the appy baby. But the granddaddy of them all is you got the farm back hip hip hooray :aktion033: :bgrin

You're amazing Laura to keep such a positive attitude with all you've had going on. Sorry for your losses and for the crap still following you from the X (had one of those in my earlier years!).

Congrats on the expanded home and stay healthy for your whole families sake.

If your ex keeps taking you to court for NO reason , or dropps the case, If you ask, there are judges who will make him pay your legal fees. You might even be able to ask now and still get this last one paid. Sorry for your loss of Chica.

Good Luck,

Robin

Laura

Thanks for the update, and helping me to find it. I am sorry about the problems, the loss

of the foal and the other horse, having to sell some horses. I still keep you, your family

and Ramble in my prayers. I hope no more court for you guys. How exciting to be able to

buy the land for hay. That will be good. Your own hay in your backyard. I am glad your show

went so good. So how much longer till the new baby comes?

Take care

Hugs

Vicky

Latest posts

Back