recent AMHR Convention locations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Could someone please give locations&years of the past 10 or 12 AMHR Conventions?I have attended some but can't remember dates.I was in Buffalo,NY, Reno,NV somewhere in MI(not much to do there except 1 very nice art and flower museum) Milwaukee,? Orlando(but not 2009) Does anyone know where 2011 Convention will be?I do know as announced 2010 will be Little Rock .I would sure love to go to San Antonio or Dallas,TX or other places where there is lots to do before or after Convention.I try to make this my vacation and if I am spending big bucks to fly I need to get more bang for my buck.I love going to other parts of the country and visiting their neat touristy stuff.I missed FLorida this year due to surgery so I didn't get my vacaton.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is actually quite a bit to do in Little Rock, for very reasonable rates. Places to visit include the Clinton Library, the Heifer International headquarters, an Aero-space center, three or four downtown world-class museums, a couple-three theaters, symphony, short drives to Hot Springs and various lakes and parks, there is even a submarine to tour down at the river. Per capita, we have some of the best restaurants in the country, I'd suggest everyone come prepared to eat well in the evenings.

There was one in Minneapolis/St. Paul about 5 or 6 years ago, I think. It was my first one. And I believe it was in Columbus, OH in 2001 or 2.

I had heard before Convention that it was going to be in Seattle next year, so I was pretty surprised to hear it was actually Little Rock, which is much closer to Ohio where I should be by then.

I believe they are working on the North West for 2011 I heard someone was very late in getting the bid from Hotel to the office so it didnt work for 2010 but that could very well have just been a rumor.

I just hope they look at proximity of hotel to airport and size of airport when planning. Mo was nice but having to fly then rent a car to drive for a few hours was a bit inconvienent

Little Rock sounds like there is lots to do.I agree about having to rent a car to get to the hotel.It is nice if there is some kind of reasonable transport from the airport and things within walking distance, but that often drives up the price of the room.I guess most of us want it all to be convenient and cheap.I am sure it is a major task to find hotels that can accomodate our needs for banquet and meeting rooms, fair price for rooms and attractions and dining withing walking distance.Costs of flights are another item.Some places which are good for meetings are really costly in flights.I have been to San Diego and Louisville,KY for AMHA meetings and both were nice, but parent club foots the bill for meeting rooms etc.Has any thought been given to ASPC/AMHR kicking in money for Convention facilities and some of the hosting rersponsibility?I am sure it is difficult for many clubs with few members to even think of hosting a Convention in their area.

sorru i haven't been in on the whole story about 2010, does anyone know the hosting site/motel?

I can see most of the hotels, conventions sites, and the airport from our office windows. Unless we are talking way out of town, shuttle service is reported to very very convenient from the airport to downtown.

of course, you will have to go through Dallas/Ft worth to fly in to LR, no matter what direction you come from.

I believe they are working on the North West for 2011 I heard someone was very late in getting the bid from Hotel to the office so it didnt work for 2010 but that could very well have just been a rumor.
Aha, maybe that explains why I'd heard it was going to be Seattle in 2010. Maybe they'll have it in 2011.

Good Afternoon,

Including this convention I've attended 12 of them. Here are the ones you may be thinking of:

1998 Seattle Washington

1999 Baltimore, Maryland

2000 Dallas Texas

2001 Columbus Ohio

2002 Milwaukee Wisconsin

2003 Kissimee Florida

2004 St. Paul Minnesota

2005 Grand Rapids Michigan

2006 Reno Nevada

2007 Buffalo New York

2008 Bransom Missouri

2009 Kissimee Florida

2010 Little Rock Arkansas

2011 Maybe going back to Grand Rapids

2012 Maybe going to Idaho

Karen

I hope if it goes back to Grand Rapids host club comes up with suggetions for things to do.that was the place we couldn't seem to find much to do in November.Thanks for the info Karen

You have a couple flip flopped Karen -

2002 was Minneapolis (actually Bloomington), MN

2004 was Milwaukee, WI

Idaho is the one that is planning for 2011 and Grand Rapids is not committed to 2012 yet - they have just expressed an interest.

Latest posts

Back