Read Before Halloween... URGENT!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic

Reaction score
My husband is in the Coast Guard. He recieved an -e-mail from Homeland Security. Here goes.....

Subject: Fwd: VERY IMPORTANT READ BEFORE HALLOWEEN!!!!

There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like

strawberry pop rocks. It smells like strawberry also and it is being

handed

out to kids in school yards in AR. I'm sure it will make its way around

the

country. Kids are ingesting this thinking it is candy and being rushed

off

to the ER in dire condition.

It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and

orange.It looks just like pop rocks.

Please instruct children to not accept candy that looks like this

even from a friend and to take any that they may have to a teacher,

principal, etc.

Pass this around it could save some family a lot of heartache!

They call it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Special Agent Todd V. Coleman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement

Direct Office Line (956)753-4678

Office Fax Line (956)753-4673

[email protected]

I tried to tell our elementary public school about this.. and they just said... it was interesting... and that was it.... they refused to give me an e-mail to forward to our school board... I guess I have to dig to find it myself.... I guess they don't take me serious ... sigh...

How scary..

God Bless,

Lynn Weed

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp

Police reports of both aspects continue to appear, though, as in this October 2007 news article from North Carolina:It sounds like an urban legend. But Sheriff James Williams has held it in his hand, and says it smells just like strawberries.

Crystal methamphetamine that looks like candy was found in the course of an arrest outside Lansing in September. "The methamphetamine seized in this case is a pink ice-looking substance and smells like strawberries," said Sheriff James Williams.

Looks like this one has some truth to it, but it does sound very much like an urban legend. Maybe that is why they are kind of blowing you off about it.

I wish I could know if this was true.

I heard the pop rock candy is bad.. I don't know anymore

There is a meth called strawberry quick and yes it can look like candy and it is targeted at the younger ones.

I first heard about it on the local radio here. It was the chief of police talking about it on a show called cop talk. I missed part of it so I went right on over to the police station and talked to the chief of police myself.

He was really pleased that I came and talked to him.

Having a daughter in high school I like to keep up with whatever may be going around. My daughter is not one to take crap but if it looks and smells like candy who knows what a kid could eat without knowing :no:

I tell her just dont eat anything that is given to you!!

I wish I could know if this was true.

I heard the pop rock candy is bad.. I don't know anymore
There is nothing wrong with Pop Rocks candy. There is a myth about it and soda pop- but it's untrue. The only issue with the candy is the sugar content, really.

I've eaten Pop Rocks more then once... the most annoying thing is the occasional very mild tongue pinch when (I guess) then crystals crack, then pop?

Scary to think they're making meth look like candy. I've seen Pop Rocks recently in stores, and I'd read about this over a year ago- I think of it a lot when I see the candy.

The officer that sent it to my husband has NO SENSE of humor... trust me on that one... I just thought that people should have the option to make an informed decision. I don't think the guy would list phone nos. if it wasn't true.

God Bless,

Lynn W

Actual Pop Rocks are just fine, but especially with Halloween coming it might be best to chuck anything Pop-Rock-esque coming from strangers.

The officer that sent it to my husband has NO SENSE of humor... trust me on that one... I just thought that people should have the option to make an informed decision. I don't think the guy would list phone nos. if it wasn't true.

God Bless,

Lynn W
Erm... no one said it wasn't true?

Some urban myths do have phone numbers and such included, though, just FYI

Latest posts

Back