Randolph, OH AMHA/AMHR show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Howdy all! I was wondering if anyone has ever been to any Randolph, OH AMHA/AMHR shows before? A friend of mine received the class list in the mail for the July 2011 show. She told me about it so I decided to look in to it. For me it's just as far as going to the Area 1 show in Harrington, DE. This show is supposed to be a two day show, one day AMHA the next day AMHR.

What I want to know is:

1) What did you think of the show?

2) How big and what kind of walls are there in the stalls? (says on show bill no more than 2 horses per stall)

3) How close to the ring are the stalls?

4) How big of a show is this, i.e. lots of horses/exhibitors, not really a big show, alot of professional trainers/exhibitors or more of an amature owner/trainer/exhibitor?

My friend and I are really considering traveling to this show for some different competition (as long as the gas prices stay reasonable!). The previous AMHR show we attended has lost alot of exhibitors/horses and there's not alot of "B" sized competition for my one horse to compete against and for me to be able to compare her to.

Thanks in advance for your replies they're greatly appreciated!!

Becky M.

Bumping this back up! Someone surely has gone to this show or at least heard of it?!

Thanks!

Becky M.

Im hoping to make it out there this year. We just got a new trailer (yesterday) and of course, our truck recently went. We have terrible luck with vehicles. From what I have heard, its a nice show.

Well I live in Ohio and have never heard of this show. Is it a new show? What is the name of the facility?

Hi Kaykay! The Tri-State Miniature Horse Club is the one holding the show. According to the show bill it's at the Randolph Fairgrounds- according to the directions I got, based on the address, it's in Atwater, OH. It's an AMHR Nationally recognized show. It's a two day show like I mentioned in my original post.

-Show Manager is Lea Dill

-AMHR Steward is Wayne Whitehead

- 2 Judges - Ernie Lambdin, OH and Sandy Croote, NY

-It has an indoor arena.

I found the show bill on Lea Dill's website - www.norleashow.com

Hope this info helps anyone out. I was just curious to see if anyone had been to the show before and what it was like. I'd be traveling over 4 hours to get to this show.

Becky M.

Never been, I would go if it had ASPC classes too....

If you do some google research you can find the facility and photos of it and the stalls, I looked into it a few months ago and found the pictures of the facility...I think its AMHA one day, AMHR the following (or vice versa)..so it should be classy..

Yeah thats a shame they arent offering ASPC classes. Lennie does one day ASPC/AMHR shows all summer.

We've been there... I am planning on going this year. I have been debating whether to hit Randolph or another show about the same distance from us the same weekend. But since I am a Tri State Member... I feel I should support my club
default_yes.gif
so am leaning toward Randolph

I am pretty sure this year it is AMHA/AMHR

Last year they did it AMHA one show in Randolph and AMHR in Meadville I think...

We enjoy ALL shows we have been to.

Randolph is not a 'fancy schmancy' show grounds, but very adequate. We camped out of our non-Living Quarters gooseneck.

There is a shower facility for people... I don't remember about the horses but we usually hit that show with clean horses that are already for the most part clipped.

The stalls are board ... top to bottom...Floors are dirt (from what I remember)

The indoor is not huge... but again, adequate...

The PEOPLE are GREAT!!! and we had a wonderful time.

In my opinion... each club that puts on a show finds the best facilities in their areas that are cost effective.

I appreciate all that they do as putting on a show is a HUGE job...

So... we enjoy each and every show we attend. Sometimes a show is what you make it
default_wink.png

It is not a huge show. But there were plenty in most classes to get points.

My advice... GO and have a GREAT time... maybe I will meet you there!!!!

The more people that go, the more fun we have !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back