Pleased to announce TWO new boys to the herd...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hello! I am please to announce TWO new yearling boys to our small herd! We took them as trade for a donkey we had for sale. We basically took them sight unseen except for looking at the parents on the owner's website. We had an idea as to what bloodlines and conformation we had just from what the owner had told us. Both boys have been together since they were babies and are the best of buds. A big thanks to Terry and Alice Hanselman of Ranch of the Willows Miniatures.

So without further ado, please let me introduce to you:

Ranch of the Willows Jesse James (AMHA/AMHR pending) aka Jesse

Ranch of the Willows Midnight Sky (AMHR possibly pending) aka Sky.

Here is Jesse - he's roughly 31" tall - a SON of BSL RANGERS BLAZE OF GLORY X GALLOPING G SPECIAL BABE a Buck Echo granddaughter - also traces back to Buckeroo, Blue Boy, and Orion. For right now he'll be a future stallion prospect but may end gelding him and showing him! Please excuse his long toes we're in the process of getting those trimmed!

100_0948.jpg

100_0947.jpg

100_0959.jpg

Here is Sky - he stands roughly 39.5" tall, not sure as to why he's so tall, parents are no taller than 35". Both parents are black leopard appaloosas - He's a grandson of HOBBY HORSES APACHE KING from both sides of his pedigree. He will be gelded either this fall or next spring and will become another driving prospect when he's old enough.

100_0943.jpg

sky.jpg

100_0958.jpg

Thanks for looking at our new boys! Better pictures to come when they've settled in more. Please feel free to critque them as I'm all ears!

Becky M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new boys! I bet you're going to have a lot of fun with them.

Thanks ohmt! They might be on my show string for next year but we'll have to wait and see. I can't wait to see how they mature in the next couple of years!

Becky M.

congratulations Becky , you are going to have a lot of fun with them , theyre still young yet but you will be amazed at how much they will have matured over the winter , I cant believe you swapped them for a donkey !!! that was good trading lol

Congrats on your new boys! It looks like you're in for some fun adventures!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my boys. I can't wait for spring to get here to see what's under all that winter fuzz - they were in their fuzzies when we got them so have no idea how pretty they really are under all that fuzz! I still can't believe that we got both these boys when we did our trade!!

supaspot- I didn't know Jesse was a Ranger Blaze son until I got home and looked at his papers and then when I was doing my pedigree research I found he was related to alot of champion horses!!!

For those of you that don't know - Jesse, the sorrel one - is a 1/2 brother to supaspot's gorgeous RHA Ranger's Absolut - they share the same sire!! Jesse's also a 1/2 brother to many other champion or top 10 horses.

Sky - the black one - will be gelded in the spring and shown in 4-h production by a local 4-Her and friend of mine. Then eventually trained to drive and jump when at the right age.

Jesse will hopefully be shown the next couple years in the Amature division by me in AMHR at our local AMHR shows. Then once I see how he matures, shows and places as a stallion, I will then make the decision as to either keep him as my herd stallion or geld him and have some more fun with him.

We've got big plans for both these boys and can't wait until spring to get things rolling!

Thanks again for the compliments!

Becky M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute boys - would make awesome geldings and be a lot of fun. If Sky is already 39.5 inches, he cannot be registered AMHR.

Congratulations!!! I think they will be a lot of fun for you.
default_yes.gif
Keep us updated on how they progress.

Latest posts

Back