Pine tree pollen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flflyingw

Reaction score
Our pine trees have put down a lot of pollen this year. We have 5 acres with about 50' around covered in pine. My husband opened the third pasture this week and it has some of his old chevy trucks parked in it that can't be moved. I noticed the colts liking at the truck beds and all over them. I checked it out and it is pine dust.

Will this cause a problem later for them, like with the kidneys, or will they be ok? The vet is coming next week to give them shots. I still feel better asking the forum on their experience. You all have a total of more years of knowledge.

Thanks FLFlyingW

When I lived back in MI my whole property was covered with pines. (I counted 87 trees in one of my horse pens, only because I was tired of picking up branches and cutting down dead trees)

Every spring the trees would let down their pollen and if the wind blew it looked almost like a yellow smoke coming out to the trees. It did make every thing turned yellow. The top of the water in troughs and buckets and the ground. It would wash away when we had a few rains.

NONE of my horses every got sick from it. Ask your vet to be sure but I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

The only thing that I found bothersome is the horses rubbing on the trees and getting pine sap all over them.

Latest posts

Back