Patchy Pocohontas 1973 - 2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniapp

Reaction score
fab4e19d.jpg

I lost my Pokie today. She was my best friend and part of my family for over 30 years... go with god, Momma, I'll miss you so...

"Somewhere...Somewhere in time's Own Space

There must be some sweet pastured place

Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow

Some Paradise where horses go,

For by the love that guides my pen

I know great horses live again. "

~Stanley Harrison

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Oh, my gosh....I was just reading about her on the old horses thread....how very sad. I know she had a wonderful and rich life with you, and she is at perfect peace, now, and will continue to live and love in your heart.

I wish there were anything I could say that would ease your suffering, though, as I know it must be truly unbearable for you right now.

My thoughts are with you,

Liz M.

I'm so sorry to hear about Pokie! I remember you talking about her on the old horse thread too. My heart goes out to you. It's so hard to lose the great ones.

[SIZE=18pt]OH! Suzy,[/SIZE]

I'm so very sorry you lost your best buddy!
default_sad.png

Bill

Oh Suzy....I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
Your beloved Pokie was one of the lucky ones. She lived a long, happy life with a family who loved her dearly. I know that doesn't make losing her any easier. :no:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh, I am so very sorry about the loss of your most special horse, Pokie. We lost our Arabian gelding "Flash" two years ago. Flash had been with us since 1975 and was older than my children...............so I truly know the pain you are going through.

Although they are gone, the special memories will live on in your heart forever.........................

What a wonderful member of your family Pokie was.....and thank you for sharing the lovely poem in her memory.....

MA

I'm so sorry for your loss. I read of her on the old horses thread too, so when I saw her picture.... so sad. She was a lucky mare to have had your loving care for her long life. {{hugs}}

Words forsake me so will just add my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear Pokie. May she forever now run free.

Maxine

:no: Words cannot even describe how incredibly sorry I feel for you, Suzy! I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose such an incredible friend and life long buddy such as Poky! I was just reading about her on the Oldies thread and it is clear how much she meant to you and that the memories you have with her will be with you forever!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Suzy - my heart is breaking for you...I am so sorry for your loss... she was beautiful and will remain forever in your heart.

Best,

Liz R.

Pokie was one of the "special ones". I remember when Suzy, my dad and mom and I went to go look at her as a two year old Suzy didn't want to get her. I remember all three of us (our mom, dad and I) convincing her to take a chance. Boy, what a wonderful part of the family she was. I'll never forget a huge appaloosa show where Suzy and I and one of Suzy students, Deneen Proctor, showed her in the youth, amatuer, and open events and she won everything she was in. My special memory of her was my first time to show her hunt seat. Suzy had to hide in the barn because Pokie would just stop at the fence where she was standing just to be near her. When we won the class you could hear Suzy screaming from where our stalls were (which were at the other end of show area). She was total perfection in everything she did.

Go with god, Pokie. You are up in heaven with Dad, Mom, Moe, Sully and Whistle now.

I will never forget you........

I'm so sorry..........it doesn't matter what size, color or shape best friends come in, but she certainly was beautiful. It's especially hard when a soul-mate goes.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugs to you, Suzy as you deal with the loss of your precious Pookie!

She is a beautiful mare and it sounds like she was just as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside.

Lovely poem as a tribute to Pookie.

Oh how very sad, you have my deepest sympathy at losing such a wonderful friend,

Latest posts

Back