Pat Parelli Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to attend one of Pat and Linda Parelli's clinic! They were just awesome! I didn't get any pictures as the arena was too dark to get anything good, but OMG you should've been there! The Savvy Team did an awesome job demonstrating how far they've come with their horses since they began. Pat drove his stallion, Casper, from the back of his mare, Magic. He then let Casper free and rode around the arena, both mirroring the other, jumping over picnic tables, and ending with Casper loping around in a circle while Magic/Pat spun reining circles in the center. Linda ended the weekend by discussing how to gain confidence while riding and how to build a good seat. She then walked, trotted, cantered, galloped, jumped, and preformed some dessage moves on her 17.2 hand Dutch Warmblood gelding, Remmer....BAREBACK! They are amazing people and its an awesome program. The show offically ended with a MINIATURE HORSE (sorrel pinto) coming out and completing an obstacle course using the Parelli methods. Guess what else...Pat owns Minis himself. He had his cute little dark bay there too!

Words just can't explain the experience! If you ever get the chance to go, please do...

I bought a rope halter, lead, carrot stick and savvy string while I was there. A friend is letting me borrow her Level 1 dvds, so I will be starting Chip here real soon. I hope to gain a partnership with him like the ones I saw this weekend. My goal is to be as great with horses as Linda and Pat are someday, the sooner the better.

Erin

You are so lucky! I do hope someday to attend one of their clinics. I watch them on tv all the time and am just amazed.

Our farrier has worked for Mr. Parelli. He said that he is an awesome trainer. He said the problem is often that so many people are selective about what they use from his program, and then the training doesn't work out as it should. He said you have to be dilligent and very exacting about using his training. So I just thought I'd pass it on... If you go the Parelli way... you have to go all the way with the program... from what I was told...

Just thought I'd pass it on... He's here in Ocala these days... almost a neighbor... lol..

God Bless,

Lynn W

Did you know he has minis???

I have used his program with my big horses and have tried a few of his ideas on the minis. It is a great concept. Takes lots of patience and understanding. But if you can stick it out you get great results and a life long partner.

Our neighbor girl has all his programs on DVD and goes to as many clinics as they can get to within reach. She keeps up to date with the updates. Has the equipment too. She's 15!

That reminds me I have her carrot stick here I use to lunge.(extends your arm, NOT to touch the horse with:) and works well.

However good as they are it's like excercize equipment, only works if you use it every day, in order and often. They're great. Also REALLY like and watch clinics by Dennis Reis..same type, just a bit different.

There are several different ones touring the country now with similiar "horse" whisper clinics that are so great to attend. A great way I think to spend some time with your kids.

Makes me wish I was younger and healthier:)

Maxine

We went to their clinic last year and it was awesome! It was really fun AND I learned a lot.
default_yes.gif
: It really is amazing, the bond you can make with your horse with the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do parelli with all of my 14 mini's. The two that Pat parelli has are Barnum (pinto) and Bailey (little bay). I just got home from doing a clinic that was 4 days long with some of his people. All I can say is I wish it was longer!!!! I love doing parelli and it has made worlds of difference for my horses and me of course. Take advantage of any clinic you can they are well worth it.

outlaw

Latest posts

Back