PainPals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
Ok, many of you know that for the last 2 yrs I have lived with pain 24/7. Some days I manage pretty well other days.......not so well. Today is a not so well. It is raining cats and dogs out all day and will be tomorrow also. I work dilegently on my Reiki and it helps incredibly but some days get me hard.

SO..I have been looking into many other types of natural healing. Massage, reflexology, and magnetics. I have to say I love the magnetics. For relief it is great. Now you'll laugh or pooh pooh but I swear you gotta try it. Now I use rather large 1" mags and they are encased in plastic so I can stack tem if needed.

Example: Tonite my neck is just screaming. I had Shain place 6 mags along my collar line, 3 inside and 3 on top of the inside ones to stick them in place on my shirt. You can't believe the feeling. Try it!

I am using (don't laugh) BeyBlade magnets from my son's beyblades. You get 6 discs for $4. I am enclosing a site that is very long but very interesting with lots of info. The mags for sale at the distributors start at $30 for 6 /1' discs. I am getting more of the BeyBlade ones. I can place them on clothing and wear them while cleaning up or on the puter like now. I'd love one of the mag mattress pads but $500 is a bit high for me.

Anyways, thought I'd share. I've learned alot this summer and I hate hurting so much. I'll never be better but I can be a bit better and manage my pain without drugs.

http://www.garynull.com/Documents/magnets.htm

(I'll never give up my Amaretto though!)

Deb,

I read the link and it seems pretty interesting. I have heard of a couple of other people who have had good results with a magnets also.

I just did 2 weeks of acupunture and I guess it helped a bit but I can't afford to keep going. She wants me to come three times a week.

What are BeyBlade magnets?

You know, I was wondering if the horse Magnets in the Vet catalogues would work?

Was doing the acupuncture with great results too.

However when I moved last year, I tried the only two licenced people doing that in this area, and niether would listen and they made things worse. So I have stopped going.

Will check out the magnets, sure couldn't hurt to try them!!

Thanks!!

Ok, Shain took some pics. You find them in the TOY Section of any toy store. Called "MAGNACORE BEYBLADE V Force." They cost $4/box and have 6 per pkg.

Indulge me ok?
wacko.gif
PICT0001.jpg

th_PICT0004.jpg

This is what a Beyblade top is and I own 14 of em and Shain and I "battle". It's fun!
th_PICT0034.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]I have a matress cover with magnets in it.... when my back really hurts especially when it rains my incission burns there, I sleep in the bed with the magnets. We used to have it on our bed but it made Barry jittery.... me it just helps.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I'm a believer in magnets. I have a friend who has fibromyalgia (sp?), arthritis, and a handful of other painful problems. She has used them for years to help manage the pain. She also used a mattress pad for one of her sons (he's autistic) for quite a few years and it did help when she could actually get him to sleep on it. I've always wanted a mattress pad, too, but it's out of my price range too.
no.gif
Instead, I use bracelets and necklaces and have plain ones I can just put anywhere when needed. There's a lot of science behind them and they can be effective at pain management if used properly.

That site is interesting - I'm not sure I should use them though as my problem is the direct result of a viral infection- what do you think??

I found this interesting- we should have this at the top of the Forum

Note: The information on this website is not a substitute for

diagnosis and treatment by a qualified, licensed professional.

I have pain troubles in my right arm and the pain runs from my hand to my elbow certain times of the year. It affects my grip and there are times that I can't even hold a pen in that hand. (And I am right handed... that is really bad for me.) It was caused by a car accident and every time the weather changes to cold it gets really bad to where I can't even sleep because it aches so much. Now my job at work is heavily computer based and when I can't use a mouse or type, then I do have some real issues.

Well, I had heard of magnet therapy years ago and I figured that if the magnets were good for horses, then they most likely wouldn't hurt me. So I went out to look at magnetic bracelets at the local golf store. I put one on and within 5 minutes the pain started to die down. I was amazed! Needless to say I spent some bucks and bought it. Best purchase I have made for sure.

My mom has arthritus and I gave her the bracelet to try. Now she doesn't like bracelets at all, but after she had it on for a few minutes she also thought that it was helping some.

So I am a believer that they help, especially when used with conventional medicine.

Latest posts

Back