Our new boxer litter of 9 puppies born nov 22, 2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WE ARE SAD TO SAID WE LOST THE WHITE COLLAR MALE THIS MORNING. :no: :no: THE VET SAID THE MOTHER DOG MUST HAVE LAID ON HIM BY MISTAKE. WE GAVE HIM MONTH TO MONTH, BUT NO LUCK.

PRAY FOR THE OTHERS TO BE FINE. MY CHILDREN WERE VERY VERY UPSET ABOUT THE LOST. THE VET SAIDALOT OF TIMES IN LARGER LITTER YOU MIGHT LOSS ONE OR SO. :no: :no: :no:

PRAYERS PLEASE.

THANKS MELISSA

Last edited by a moderator:
updated pictures of london's 8 puppies. we lost one on sunday.

Here are the other 8.

melissa

06b28013_1.jpg

06b28014_1.jpg

06b28012_1.jpg

06b28009_1.jpg

06b28008_1.jpg

06b28004_1.jpg

06b28005_1.jpg

THEY ARE 7 DAYS OLD TODAY.

UPDATE ON OUR BOXER PUPPIES. THEY ARE 10 DAYS OLD TODAY. SOME ARE OPENING THEIR EYES. I AM SO GLAD THE OTHER EIGHT ARE DOING GREAT.

06c02060_1.jpg

06c02059_1.jpg

06c02058_1.jpg

06c02057_1.jpg

06c02056_1.jpg

06c02055_1.jpg

06c02054_1.jpg

06c02053_1.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR ALL PRAYERS.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

MELISSA

IMO, London is starting to look a bit thin. (I can see her backbone in some pics.) Is she getting fed free choice? You may need to start enticing her to eat more by supplementing her kibble with wet food, non-fat yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. If I were you, I would also put some litter down to give her and her pups something padded, warmer and cleaner to lay on. Try something like the soft, recycled newspaper litter available at Petsmart or Petco. The right kind has no dyes, etc. and is low on dust.

Boxers are great dogs.
default_wub.png
:

we had soft things for her to lay on, but after London laid on one of the puppies and it died our vet said to take it out until they can see or move around better. We have her in the house with a nice heater byside her. We are giving her free choice of food per the vet, but he said London has alot of puppies to feed. We have already had the vet check her and the puppies.We clean her bedding everyday. We try newspapers per the vet to help lay on, but London don't like it. We are hoping this week we can use more blankets or etc for them. They are very cozy in their own room with a heater.I would love to give them a nice blanket or something, but London is more worried about the blanket then the puppies. We try different things in their with her and she would have the puppies everywhere including under the blankets.The birthing box is nice a heater for them.

This is London first litter, she has done a great job so far.

thanks MELISSA

Melissa,

They are so cute - geeze if we didn't have 7 dogs already I would be lined up for one of those little cuties -- we love our boxer - they are great dogs. It is hard to keep weight on a bitch when she has a large litter like she does, the only way I could keep my girls from getting boney was to "treat" them several times a day with scrambled eggs mixed with wet dog food and cheese and sometimes cottage cheese - sometimes we did this little "treat" 2x a day along with the wet dog food - yep spoiled them rotten and it took forever to get them back on dry dog food, but it did work. You might look for some BilJac puppy food (PetSmart carries BilJac) - it really helps with weight. Also, in another week or so the pups should be able to start on some really soupy mush and that will slow down their nursing quite a bit.

Keep those pictures comming!

Stacy

YOUR PUPPIES ARE BEAUTIFUL! SO IS MAMA! GLAD TO HEAR THEY ARE ALL WELL
default_wub.png
: . I ALWAYS WANTED A BOXER
default_yes.gif
: NIKKI

Ohhhhhh!! I love Boxers!! Very nice litter! Cant wait to see them when there a bit older and running around
default_smile.png

Kris

:aktion033: :saludando:
default_yes.gif
: You have some of each fawn qnd brindle. As they get older you may hve more brindles, sometimes it takes time for the color to come in.

the slippery plastic is going to cause some skeletal developmenal issues with your pups......it's too slippery and they're unable to stand easily. you either need to add some paper (sheets of roll paper work great) or remove the plastic. tho i don't generally use it you can also use straw if you can't use blankets or fleece pads.

sorry, typing one-handed.....had hand surgery thursday.

Latest posts

Back