Our Fellow deer enjoying the pond

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Same picture just cropped so you can see Dream Catcher, she was out further with the our Llama X Alpaca but both started to come in when I tried to get a picture.... darn...

Witch U Caller already out of the pond before I could snap a shot.... they looked like they where going to go swimming?

They are in the pond alot, but just never can get a picture of them both....

DreamCatcherinPond001.jpg

DreamCatcherPond.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She's very pretty! My neighbour has deer and they often 'escape' into the field with the horses. They all get along just fine. I just love sitting in the back field watching the younger deer play. I never knew they got so frisky. They do laps around the property while the older deer keep a watch out.

Is she friendly? I have always wondered if you can really 'tame' them.

She was older about 15 months when we got her, she was headed to the butcher. She is a Fallow deer, stays small and keeps her spots.

We have had her about 2 years now.

She comes when called and has gotten out with the minis and has come back herself, and will walk passed you but will not let you touch her, but will eat hay from your hand. Getting more and more curious everyday...she comes into the barn at night. We let her out everymorning as long as weather is good. We can go into her stall but she keeps about arms distance.

Every morning she is right at the gate ready to be let out.

She has her own way of communicating, what she wants.
default_wink.png

She's really pretty and I agree it would be great to have one around. I gotta say though I'm surprised you've had her so long.....something like that wouldn't last as long as a snowball in heck around here.

How neat is that. Were you the one that posted a really great XMas card last year w/all your animals? Ducks and Geese too maybe? I would love to see more of your farm and animals. Heidi

How neat is that. Were you the one that posted a really great XMas card last year w/all your animals? Ducks and Geese too maybe? I would love to see more of your farm and animals. Heidi

Thank you all, yes I have done some different Xmas cards...

Not as many animals now, no goats, & ducks have gone...

We still have 8 minis, deer and Llama X Alpaca.... We used to also have swans years and years ago.

Have cut back, being too much work... We have just enough animals to enjoy.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back