Our Blood Parrot Cichlids -- Look Like Living Cartoons

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score

I've been taking pictures of our various fish the past couple of days and thought I'd share pictures of our blood parrot cichlids because I think they're really cute. A year ago, I probably wouldn't have thought a fish could be cute... but these blood parrots remind me of living cartoon characters and they love people. They are always watching us and are just adorable if you ask me

biggrin.gif

The fish that have black on them are still in the process of changing from their "baby" brown-grey-black colors over to the typical orange ("red") color that they are known for. These fish are another man made hybrid that do not occur in nature.

Fish---04202010---045.jpg

Fish---04202010---038.jpg
Fish---04202010---049.jpg

Fish---04202010---051.jpg

And this is their home, a 75g tank with two big hang on back filters and a large canister filter. They have a heater and two airstone disks as well as some buenos aires tetras as companions:

Blood-Parrots---04242010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these little guys. Your tanks are beautiful & so well kept. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

They sure are colorful! I love the funny faces.
default_biggrin.png

Sure looks like you've given them lots of room......

Thanks, ladies
default_wub.png

The blood parrot cichlids make really entertaining fish to keep
default_biggrin.png

Mary Lou, I bet your angel fish are beautiful! We may try some of those in with our Barneys one day
default_yes.gif

Yeah, those guys are cute! Kev and I always laugh so hard in the pet store when we see them because they look like they're about to talk; so, of course, we make up a running conversation of what they'd be saying
default_new_rofl.gif

Matt, no wonder I get such a kick out of you
yes.gif
I talk for our animals all the time, but so far not the fish. Somehow, I doubt Harvey will be happy that this idea has now been planted
biggrin.gif
Our cats are very polite when they talk, very demure... the dogs, however, constantly use four letter words and are fond of the f-bomb
laugh.gif
Maybe they've just been watching too much South Park and FOX Sunday night cartoons
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back