oh no im veryy scared!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samm S

Reaction score
tornado warnings
default_sad.png
:eek: :no:

because of the heat, there is normal heat lighting and everything.. but now there is acually real lighting and really strong winds... now its pouring and really storming.. i lease a big gelding named alfie as u all have heard of him... lol and hes out there in that.. i left him out of his stall... so he wouldnt be locked in as much.. there is still a fence... he hates storms... im terrified that somethings gonna happen to him.. i live in grimsby ontario canada and we never have gotten a tonrado that i know of.. that helps... but im in my basement and i can hear the wind... its freaking me out...
default_sad.png

im scared for him and the others... especially the ones acually in the barn... its probably just me... but i think because of how humid and grossly hot it is we have more of a chance of getting one... i dont want anything to happen to the minis... any reasurance.. something that could calm my nerves... i like 15 to 30 mins away from the barn... aweee poor poor alfalfalon.....

default_wink.png
: OK take a big breath honey..we're here for you. I've been through this too. One thing is if there is a tornado warning out, YOU STAY PUT!

You'd be surprised how well horses can deal with storms when they have to..some are worse than others but actually they can be safer outside for big horses. We'll be on here to keep you company,

Maxine and Carl

okay thank you soo much and i have good news... i just called the owner and she is bringing all the horses in cause of rain... so my friend nikis(minilover) horse britton wont go lame and the stallions now have shelter... phew a small load is off my shoulders... but still tornado warnings... i dont know if there will be one but theres a chance.. there has been many be4 i just thought since it was soo hott out there would be more of a risk... oh gosh i hope they will be fine...

Things like this are always worse in the dark too. We're in Northern Michigan and got bad storms last night and some today. Hot and cold fronts clashing.

In the morning it will all seem much better when you can see.

You find something to browse on here and if you don't have a radio or tv down there then check your weather updates on here, If you still have electricity you're doing ok.'Maxine

Hi Dear

Try to stay calm. Horses have ways of taking care. That is nature and somethings we just do the best we can. My two colts were just babies-tiny babies and they made it through two large hurricanes here in Florida. That was in 2004 and it was decided it was best that they be outside and not in the barn. They are now two big 27" and 30" colts now. I just give them all of my love that I can when I can and know in my heart I am doing the best for them. I will say a Prayer that your big horse and minis stay safe and you please stay safe. FLFlyingW

Just an update Alfalfa Lover...it's morning & no tornado, no high winds at the farm either! Just very heavy rain for about 10 minutes last night. We are very sheltered with the escarpment around us so no need to worry so much. As you mentioned, the owner did take the appropriate steps for her horses safety as well as the 5 boarder's horses. Feel free to call the farm if you are concerned...as Nikki did.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i was talking to niki and i asked her to call you cause we were both worried.. i swear it was all nikis fault
default_rolleyes.gif
: she got me scared.. as i am very gullable... hehe well im glad they are good cause i was also fearing for cheif and sunday with no shelter... and that round pen is pritty sturdy... my houses walls are weird... i could hear the strongwinds and the trees hitting my window i guess i just overreacted.. i tend to do that with storms lol :lol: i tell ya i dont like em... they freak me out... i just thought cause of the warm air being here and the cold air comming in.. there would be a slight more of risk.. only loving the minis is what im guilty for
default_wub.png
: :bgrin

thanks for making me feel better
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back