O So New Stall Project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That turned out awesome! You and hubby did a great job! Things that I had concerns with as I looked at pics, others said something about and you either corrected or said why it is done that way. I think O So will be very happy in there.
default_yes.gif

I thought it was "cute" that you put another mat down for the salt block to "save" your expensive mats...Hate to break it to ya, but your horse is going to poop and pee on those expensive mats!! LOL!!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

Oh...forgot to mention about the latches to the outside door. I noticed they are on the inside of the stall. If O So is a Huidini (a lot of horses are very good at unlatching things), he may open his door. If it just to the outide and it is his pasture, then I guess its not an issue, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Also, I would put some sort of a hook on the outside to latch to the wall, so if you want the doors to stay open and not swing shut, the latch will keep it from doing that.
default_smile.png

Thanks for the compliments you guys!

As far as using the other rubber mat to protect the expensive one's, I was figuring the salt would do more damage then his peeing or pooing.
biggrin.gif

Yah, the latches are just on the inside. I plan on putting a clip or something of the sort ( to act as a lock) if he does discover how to make it unlatch. I haven't even put a latch on the top door yet. Kind of forgot about that one. lol The stall leads out to his out side run area, so if he did escape before I get a clip on it, he is only out in his normal running area anyway. I basically wanted a stall to keep him out of the bad weather, since he doesn't want to stand under the 3 shelters I built for him.
rolleyes.gif
The reason for the latches being on the inside was to make it to where I can latch it from inside the garage. So if it is pouring down outside, I don't have to walk around to latch them.

Thanks for the tip on putting a latch on the doors for when they are open. Didn't even think of that. I should be able to just ad a U shape piece of metal to the wall and use the existing latches that are in the doors.

So I guess the only adjustments i need to make so far are....

Put a latch on top door going outside.

Put U shape metal on wall to latch doors while open.

Cut U shape into inside door to make it easier for O So to look over.

Well done
default_yes.gif
I had a little chuckle looking at O So's tack all hung up there.
default_laugh.png
Are those really ALL barn halters for just one little horse? MY hubby needs to see that
default_wink.png
He thinks I have alot of halters for my 11 LOL. Again, nice job, O So is a lucky little man to have someone who cares so much.

Well done
default_yes.gif
I had a little chuckle looking at O So's tack all hung up there.
default_laugh.png
Are those really ALL barn halters for just one little horse? MY hubby needs to see that
default_wink.png
He thinks I have alot of halters for my 11 LOL. Again, nice job, O So is a lucky little man to have someone who cares so much.
LOL, yep, all barn halters just for little ol' O So!
laugh.gif
Well, ok one is a nice leather halter could be used for show and one is a nylon halter that was bought but way to small for O So. I didn't want to send it back because it had already cost me almost 30 bucks to do exchanges.
no.gif
It will be become a donation to something later down the road. The rest are all one's that fit O So. I love buying stuff for him!!
biggrin.gif

I love it, you did a really awesome job!

Kim, Ive enjoyed watching O Sos little stall being built. You guys did a terrific job and listened to all the good suggestions from everyone.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
He is one lucky little guy!

P.S. did you ever tell us how you came up with his name....was it because he is O So Cute?

Kim, Ive enjoyed watching O Sos little stall being built. You guys did a terrific job and listened to all the good suggestions from everyone.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
He is one lucky little guy!

P.S. did you ever tell us how you came up with his name....was it because he is O So Cute?
Thanks, yah he is spoiled!
wub.gif

The name kind of has a funny story to it!

It starts off before I even got O So. My husbands kid ( 35 yrs old) came over one day and was telling us about a job he did an how the owners dog did something real stupid and the guy told the dog, Oso stupid. He went on to tell us that the guy named the dog Oso. ( He told the story a lot better, lol.) I thought it was a neat name and figured I would eventually name one of my dogs that. Well time went on and I ended up with a blue and gold macaw. I was trying to figure out a name, then I remembered the story of Oso and thought what a perfect name for a bird that could eventually talk. He would be able to say "Oso good, or Oso funny, so on and so on. So my birds name is Oso.

Flash forward a couple years to a vacation hubby and I took. We were yard saleing as we went on a trip to Florence Or. We stopped at a place off the side of the freeway between Eugene and Florence. The lady that owned the place had miniature horses. We ( the owner and I) got to talking about her horses. I told her that I was thinking about getting another mini (had some years ago) . I was commenting on how small her minis were. She said you haven't seen nothing yet. Then she told her son to go show me O So!
new_shocked.gif
I had to chuckle and tell here about my bird being named Oso. Anyway, I saw O So and how small he was and fell in love. He was perfect for me. No bigger then a dog. I knew he would work for the space I have at home. Next thing I know I am going back the next weekend to pick up O So the horse.

His full name is Lay's I'm O So Big

The funny thing now is, my bird talks and say's his name all the time. So when he is out in his outdoor cage, he is always saying how good Oso is. So the horse thinks he is a good boy all the time!
biggrin.gif

So to sum it all up, the step kid gave me the idea for my bird, but the horse was already named that before I got him!
biggrin.gif
I guess I could have changed what I called the horse but I figured it worked well the way it is. I can now tell both animals what good boys they are with only one praise! LOL That and the bird can talk to O So with out knowing he is!
laugh.gif

Flash forward a couple years to a vacation hubby and I took. We were yard saleing as we went on a trip to Florence Or. We stopped at a place off the side of the freeway between Eugene and Florence. The lady that owned the place had miniature horses. We ( the owner and I) got to talking about her horses. I told her that I was thinking about getting another mini (had some years ago) . I was commenting on how small her minis were. She said you haven't seen nothing yet. Then she told her son to go show me O So!
new_shocked.gif
I had to chuckle and tell here about my bird being named Oso. Anyway, I saw O So and how small he was and fell in love. He was perfect for me. No bigger then a dog. I knew he would work for the space I have at home. Next thing I know I am going back the next weekend to pick up O So the horse.

His full name is Lay's I'm O So Big
I didn't realize you lived in Oregon. What part? (I lived in the Beaverton/ Portland area for almost my whole life til i moved to Florida 4 months ago)

I didn't realize you lived in Oregon. What part? (I lived in the Beaverton/ Portland area for almost my whole life til i moved to Florida 4 months ago)
Oops, actually we live in California. We wanted to go to Florence to have a hamburger at a restaurant we saw there during a different vacation. Hubby just decided to yard sale the whole way so we went to Eugene, spent the night, then went to Florence, then down the coast back to CA. We did a huge circle! LOL

This year we are trying to go to the mini horse show in Vegas. Hubby is planning on doing the same thing but just going south instead of north this time!
biggrin.gif
Maybe I will come home with another mini? That is what happened last time! LOL Anyone going to have a 24-28 inch mini for sale, cheap, at Vegas? LOL
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
That was a joke, not really looking to buy! Just thought I'd better clarify that!
unsure.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back