New arena for training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
397184641.jpg

We have completed a project that I thought would only be a dream.

Sharing pictures of the arena situated nice and handy to our barn so year round "fun and games" can happen here in the "frozen north"

http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1661/9141556/16792695/397184642.jpg[/img

40 x 80 and seems to be perfect size.

Wow that is great looking. You sure wont regret getting it like you say in the winter time up here or this year it seems to be raining all the time you will be using it lots.

VERY NICE Genie & I know you iwll enjoy it so much. It is nice when dreams come true.

You are SO lucky. I have wanted one from the first day we moved here. Doesn't look like it will ever happen.

397184641.jpg

We have completed a project that I thought would only be a dream.

Sharing pictures of the arena situated nice and handy to our barn so year round "fun and games" can happen here in the "frozen north"

397184642.jpg

40 x 80 and seems to be perfect size.
You and Jim deserve it, looking forward to moving in now... tee hee...

You are SO lucky. I have wanted one from the first day we moved here. Doesn't look like it will ever happen.
Me, too! I want one so bad, but not in the budget, nor do I think we have a large enough piece of level ground for an indoor, regardless of size.

very nice! Do you think it will be big enough to drive in?
It's 40 x 80 and we have been having lots of fun in it.

It seems to be the perfect size. We were going to go 40 x 60 but the builder showed us what that looked like and it was not roomy enough. We would have been sorry had we not gone the extra 20 feet.

Thats great! We are prepping ground outside to make a small drylot/driving area for me that is 60x120 and I was worried it wouldnt be big enough, but now seeing your arena, I could have went smaller, lol

We are prepping ground outside to make a small drylot/driving area for me that is 60x120 and I was worried it wouldnt be big enough, but now seeing your arena, I could have went smaller, lol
I would have LOVED 60x120! Our indoor is 60x80 and it is fine for starting horses and working in glorified circles in the winter, but once spring comes, we can't wait to get outside to our bigger outdoor. I would absolutely love 100x300 outside, especially for our big horses....
default_rolleyes.gif
60' would be an absolute minimum to be able to practice what is close to a 20m circle, a typical driven dressage movement. I think you will like 60x120.

Myrna

Wow, looks great. What do you have on the floor? Are the windows glass or something else?

Congrats.

The doors are clear poly and so are the panels on the sides at he top.

Stone dust over a clay base.

Stone dust can get pretty hard out doors but under cover it will not apparantley. We have a diamond harrows that we put on it's flat side to pull behind the atv to smooth and "fluff"

Amazing! So happy for you! I like many others dream of one day building that! Thank you for the size info, I had a question tho. I have never seen doors like that, are they just a new light panel? They sure add light to the inside.

Amazing! So happy for you! I like many others dream of one day building that! Thank you for the size info, I had a question tho. I have never seen doors like that, are they just a new light panel? They sure add light to the inside.
they call them polycarbonate. There is one on each end so there would be airflow on warm days, if you needed to lift them. They are like the garage doors that open with a chain and light as a feather.

They are pricy up here, but maybe more reasonable in the U.S.

Genie,

What is your roof, metal or shingle? I'm trying to decide on shingle or metal with a sheathing underlayment to cut down on rain noise.

Thanks

Whit

Latest posts

Back