Need foalcam help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Ok we're old and feeble and can't remember how to get this cam all hooked up.

The camera is all set up in the barn, done deal, its working.

Then I have a little portable Walmart TV that I bring out of my closet just to use just for the foal cam that I set on my desk to view it.

Problem is we forgot how to do it! Are we are missing something that picks up the signal from the barn to the TV in here. What is it?

The TV has an antenna and when I plug it in and a black screen shows up and it just says "GAME" ???

We're pushing all the buttons it has to try and pick up a signal from the barn and turning the antenna around all over the place and we also cannot remember if the TV needs to be set on a certain channel either. (bangs head on desk furiously).

And there are wires that I had in storage with the TV have three thingys on each end, yellow, white, and red that can plug in the TV but we cannot remember if we even used them at all.

Dan says he thinks there should be some kind of a transmitter or something to be able to pick up the signal from the barn but I don't see anything like that around. We do have some kind of adapters here for something with two prongs on it.

All ideas would be appreciated.

Marty, is it a wireless or a wired system?

I don't know Amy! I guess it is wireless because there are no wires running from the house to the barn if that is what you mean............

marty the tv and the cam out in the stall have to be on the same channel or you will just get a black screen.

have you used it before and it worked?

Make sure the transmitter (cam) in the stall as the least amount of interference from it to your house.

I have never had any luck with wireless
default_smile.png

Kay

Yes it always worked perfect before but I think I am missing a part. I have a ton of adapters in this box too and don't know what they are for. Found another little metal box that says radio transmitter duh. I always had a really good clear screen too, I was wanting to get it up on marestare or something too maybe if possible but the rate this is going is not good and way over my head :stupid

Marty

We have a wireless system that we got at Radio shack. It has the camera which is in the barn and a receiver that is in the house If you think your system came with a little black box it probably did and this gets hooked to your little TV and must be plugged to the TV and to the electrical source. Other systems come with the little TV receivers. The receiver that we have is just a small box that receives the signal from the camera/transmitter. It then plugs into the TV with wires similar to what you have described and into an electric outlet. I dont know if this helps or not but Good luck. I( always think I put all the parts in one box but when it comes time I always have to hunt something up.

Nita

A wireless system should have a camera and transmitter in your barn, and a receiver in the house that you connect to your little TV with that cable that has the red, white, and yellow connectors.

Latest posts

Back