More Eagle Pics...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
The other day on my way into town, I hit(and killed) a bald eagle. It did some pretty good damage to my car too!
yes.gif

Anyway, today while on my way into town again, right in the same area as I killed the eagle on Tuesday, I saw an eagle sitting on a big round bale of hay. I happened to have my camera with me, so turned around to get some pics. I feel so bad, as I am sure it was hikely his/her mate that I killed.
sad.gif

Anyway, here is the one that was there today...

eagle.jpg

eagle2.jpg

BEAUTIFUL pictures Mona!
wub.gif

I am sorry that you hit it's mate too, I know how badly you feel - did you have to contact anyone about hitting the Eagle? I know down here you are supposed to contact the DNR, we live in Hastings right on the Mississippi, and there are quite a few Baldies here too, we have youngsters flying over the house all the time, and we had an adult land in one of our trees in the yard and preen for about 1/2 hour. Scared the daylights out of my 'tiels by the bay window, I had to shut the shades to calm the little guys down!
wacko.gif

Nancy
smile.gif

I reported it to the police. I wasn't sure...I thought since it was a bald eagle, it may have to be reported. My husband didn't think they were "endangered" in Canada, but I am not sure of that. Anyway, I reported it to the police as I wanted to report the damage on my vehicle also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand your feelings. We have lots of pairs of them around here, but rarely do we see them close enough to the road as you do.

That photo is beautiful. I'm sorry for the one that got hit, wish it hadn't been in the road!!!

Liz M.

I would think it is pretty rare to hit one...maybe not. I used to have one that would circle over the house, used to rush out when I saw him and bring my chihuahua in...just not sure I want that beautiful majestic bird eating my little doggy!

Mona said:
I reported it to the police. I wasn't sure...I thought since it was a bald eagle, it may have to be reported.  My husband didn't think they were "endangered" in Canada, but I am not sure of that.  Anyway, I reported it to the police as I wanted to report the damage on my vehicle also.
477202[/snapback]

I think since your in Canada, it is not that as important,(but I am just 14, and do not know about this stuff, but I am just guessing) but if it would have been in america, you would have had to report it, since it is are country bird or something like that! I am sorry that happened, I wish there was a way to keep ALL wildlife (or demestocated animals) of the roads

lilhorseladie said:
I would think it is pretty rare to hit one...maybe not.  I used to have one that would circle over the house, used to rush out when I saw him and bring my chihuahua in...just not sure I want that beautiful majestic bird eating my little doggy!
477275[/snapback]

I have a little chi too, I allways watch close, ESPECIALLY when birds are around, I have heard of LOTS of people loosing there Chi's to birds! I would just DYE if the happened
no.gif

-Gage-

That is one gorgeous bird. Sure wish we had them around here, would love to see one in the wild. The only thing we have around here that size are vultures and they are not pretty!

They would take more then a Chi. When I had friends of mine watch Mitzy they were afraid to let her outside on her own, as they have had one take a Cocker Spaniel on them.

THat said they are beatuiful birds. I could watch them all day. There alot of them around my aunts place as she has part of a river running through her land. You will see them standing in the hay fields alot.

<hugs> Mona. Am sorry that happen, but glad you were not hurt.

At the old farm we had a pair of Bald Eagles that always flew up the road at windshield level. Sigh ~~ Sooner or later one of them is going to cause an accident.

Latest posts

Back