Meet my new bunny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I was going to introduce pics of her Friday but then the narko emergency happened and i didnt want to do two threads in one day soooooo.

Friday evening my boyfriend (tim) brought over my Valentines day gift, well i was expecting flowers and candy but i think he outdid himself lol. He's going back to college Thursday down in southern ohio so he wont be home for a while.

Isnt she pretty??!??!?? Her name is Twitchy and she is 4 months old. When i seen her i was like "you got me something else to feed?" lol. I love her, she is quite the charicter and very gentle. Hilarious to watch her play actually. Luckly the BF bought her a cage, treats and month worth of rabit food and this cute little walking harness so i can take her for walks (or should i says hops lol) ..i think i have the hay covered lol. She gets out on my bed to play when i'm in my room and can watch her. I've always wanted a rabbit but never actually went out looking for one. Guess i didnt have to lol.

A few days ago i was talking about getting another cat to keep the mice out of the barn ...i didnt plan on bringing them into the house! Tim sure has a sense of humor lol. No, but really i love her. I feel horrible because all i got him was a gift certificate :eek:

She is sooo funny. She will be laying in her cage and then all of a sudden jump up in the air and run get a drink or grab a peice of grain and scramble back to where she was and fall info a bunny coma, i think she gets the munchies lol. She is very lazy but boy she is such a hoot to watch play. TSC has rabbits for sale, i'm thinking of getting her a friend ..the cage is built to hold up to 3 or 4 easily (going off the rule of each must have 6x there body mass in room). I love her. I was going to name her Vandetta bc she is a perfect V on her butt (after the movie V for Vandetta) but twitchy suites her. Right now she is stretched out laying ontop my big fluffy
default_wub.png
:

Bunny people ...do you know what breed or color she is? I looked up some basic caretaking/beeding/handling/feeding info and i think she is a broken buck doe? Correct ...?

Here she is playing on my bed Friday night:

100_1281.jpg

100_1258.jpg

100_1260.jpg

100_1265.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1282.jpg

This is what a happy (or should i say lazy) bunny looks like-

100_1285.jpg

She is so gentle, i didnt think a bunny could be this gentle. She did growl at me though lol, i was taking her off my bed to put her in her cage last night and she growled lol, she is quite the charicter.

Boyfriend did GOOD!! :bgrin What a cutie she is....
default_wub.png
:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Awww she's adorable!!

After seeing a couple friends' bunnies, I've thought I'd like one...maybe some day.

She growled at you? didn't know they "growled". Are they dangerous, I mean will she bite?

Nice bunny! She is a Rex. Is her fur velvety? It looks it. I can also tell by the shape of her head. That pattern is referred to, in the rabbit world, as "broken". So she looks almost like a broken sable or chocolate. Hope that helps!

We used to raise rabbits and breed wise, she looks like a Rex. Her color is probably a broken castor. Buck is the term used for a male rabbit and doe for a female.

Rex rabbits come in a lot of colors and their fur is typically very velvety feeling. Do a search on Rex rabbits and you'll find a lot of info.

Yes very velvety actually. Thanks Matt, i was curious about the breed.

Yep, she growled and jumped on my hand lol. Didnt bite, just grabbed my fingers with her paws and growled. I got a blanket and caught her and put her back in her cage and petted her. She did it a couple times today.

She doesnt seem dangerous, very gentle and likes to be petted and loved on and lay on your lap and be lazy. The growling caught me off gaurd
default_smile.png

Definitely a rex. A pretty broken one. Be sure she's a she. I find "does" do not like other does and if you get a buck you're going to have babies so I would say one is plenty. Rabbits do just fine without company. Rabbits are one of the animals of the world who do not live in social situations. Nice gift.

Growling is a sign of aggression and irritability. Be careful. I've found that, especially after having kits -which yours hasn't-, does can get aggressive at times. I had one sweet Holland Lop doe; the sweetest. Well...as soon as she got pregnant and started making her nest after two weeks' gestation, she would not tolerate any upset in her cage -be that taking her out, or moving anything....hay, straw, etc.-. The bucks are usually the sweet ones in the bunny world -aside from the spraying :bgrin -. I've worked with full sized stallions that are way more gentle than a pregnant doe :bgrin . Give her time to adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful! AND, I know what she wants for Easter -- her own BF :bgrin

Leanna-what a neat Valentine's gift! Twitchy is darling - I have a Rex rabbit also - his name is Skittles, will have to get a picture of him, he is beautiful with that lovely soft hair - we refer to Skittles as The Velveteen Rabbit! HMM! too bad we didn't live closer, we could have some adorable baby bunnies.

I also have 3 mini lops and 2 lionshead bunnies. Not sure "why" I acquired all these extra little mouths to feed but I do love them.

Here is a link with a bit of Rex Rabbit info-http://rvforsaleguide.com/rabbit-pictures.htm

Have fun with Twitchy - she is just adorable!

I use to raise rabbits, but then gave the rabbits away to good homes. Now I again have a rabbit. He is a dwarf, male and is named Cadbury. You can see pictures of him on my website. Enjoy!

Shana and Gtrrae-

Thank you for the websites. The rex diary was just to funny lol.

I hadnt even thought of breeding yet. That would be a neat little hobby apart from the horses. Hmmm

She is still growling, that little thing thinks she can take on the world. I can hold her and rub her tummy but it takes an army to get her off my bed without loosing a thumb.

Thanks everyone :bgrin

Very pretty broken rex! I used to breed and show rabbits and it was alot of fun! jennifer

ADORABLE!!!!

we have local vets who will spay/neuter bunnies, to prevent unwanted babies should one want to have more then one bunny and not risk having a lot more bunnies before too long. But I had terrible results trying to get adult bunnies to live peacefully together. The ones i rescued as a pair when they were babies did great but I was never able to get the single adults to get along happily. Though all of mine were male. Since i was taking in rescues and not buying my own I just took what needed a home so I wasn;t able to select by gender in order to get them to pair up and get along.

My daughter wants a bunny for her birthday since all of ours passed away some time ago. I miss having a bunny around.

We bought two bunnies in 2003 from the petstore. We were novice bunny owners. Asked the vet what sex they were. She told us at that age she really couldn't tell 100%, but felt they were both males. So we made an appt. to have them fixed. I get a call to tell me that they don't fix females because of the risk. So I guess she could tell now. The other bunny was a male and was fixed.

The very next day my cousin was over and we were on our way out the door to check on the horses. She says uuummm... there is something in the cage and sure enough the female was having babies. I asked her to run and get the bunny book I had.... She's reading it and it says they could have up to 22 BABIES! I almost fell out. I was in such a panic.... Luckily she had 5. Sadly 2 passed away, but 3 did made it.

I now have all of them. The parents and the babies and bought 2 more a year later. 7 bunnies total. I took them all to a vet office that handled bunnies because of the high risk to get them all fixed. I was able to bond the male and his daughter. They were alone for a couple of years and decided to put them beside each other and see if they would bond and luckily they did. I tried bonding her with her two brothers and they wanted no parts of that. Then I bonded the two brothers by themselves and bonded the mother and the two newest bunnies together.

I've been told it's rare to bond three bunnies, but these three girls are all perfect together.

Just be careful if you do get another one that you find out for sure what sex the bunnies are because it doesn't take long to have babies and also, you will want a seperate area to let them bond. I've seen a huge difference in their attitudes when they have a buddy(plus being fixed). The female baby was aggresive and would charge you as well as her father would charge you to0 and he would act like he was defending his territory. It's interesting that those two would bond.

Good luck with your new family member.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back