Look what I got!!!! Pics included

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Reaction score
For a long time now I have been wanting a lap dog to cuddle with in my many hours sitting and or laying on the couch. Hubby understood my desire, but wasn't really thrilled with the idea of getting another dog.
default_sad.png

This past Saturday, I pick up our local freebie sale paper(Treasure Hunt) ande before I opened it I said to myself, "If my insurance check comes in the mail today, I want to buy a puppy, so I hope I find one for sale in the Treasure Hunt."

I strolled through the "livestock/pets" pages and saw a few promising ads. Lab puppies w/papers $500(very cheap for this area); 6 year old, spayed female doxie, $50; beagle puppy $100; rotty mix puppies $500.

So, hopes were pretty high. :aktion033:

Mail comes......YES!!!! My check in there!
default_yes.gif
: Only $239 though so no $500 puppy. Beagle pup is out cause we once had a beagle and swear we will never own one again. Hubby was raised with poodles so no yappy "froo froo" puppies allowed here.

I reread the ad for the doxie, she's spayed and very affectionate, which as we all know can mean anything.

Hubby gets home from work and I toss the idea at him. "NO! NO puppies! I'm the first one up, I'll have to clean up after it." I'm thinking hubby's a bit grumpy right now....give him a bit of time to relax.

So, I wait, then bring it up again. I tell him a 6 year old isn't a puppy so no house training will be involved. Can I please just call? He breaks down and says yes, call. So I call a get directions. WOW! Not too far from here! Just past a mall we go to. Past mall, cross RT 57 and we're there. So we head out.

We get up past the mall and go across Rt 57. Not long now, so I check directions. Uh-Oh!!!!! :eek: Bit of a boo boo on my part. My directions say just across Rt 46 not Rt 57. Rt 46 is Buttzville, NJ.....Hot Dog Johnnys. :new_shocked: Do I tell hubby? It's almost to the Water Gap, almost to the Pocono's. So, I decide to break the news. I can tell by the look on hubby's face he is not thrilled. Instead of about 40 minutes, we're looking at about 1 and 1/2 hours. :new_shocked:

I ask if he wants to go home, but we continue.

We get there and I'm so excited about the little dog that I can't think of any questions to ask. She's a bit nervous, but warms up to us pretty quickly. I say I want her, hubby hands the lady the money and off we go to travel another 1 and 1/2 hours back home. The dog, named Baby, cuddles on my lap all the way home.

So, now we have this wonderful little doggy!
default_yes.gif
: She is just EXACTLY what I wanted. She lays with me for naps, sits on my lap to watch tv. Is content to sit next to me if I tell her to. She and our other dog get along. She loves our son. Follows me everywhere. She's a great watchdog too. She's absolutely perfect. No accidents at all.

And the best thing is.....hubby might love her more than I do! :bgrin lol!!! I keep hearing him tell her what a wonderful little dog she is.

So without further adieu(sp?)......here she is.... Baby!! My 6 year old mini doxie, just as sweet as can be!

ed93b2e2.jpg

ed93b35b.jpg

ed93b37a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy for you! ....definitely a meant to be!

She is beautiful and her happiness shines through her pictures!

[SIZE=14pt]Well congratulations and welcome to the "Get a long little doggie" club! You will have to visit www.doxietown.com you will love it.[/SIZE]

She is just beautiful!

Lyn

Congratulations! I just love my doxie......they are such great dogs. Your new girl is just a doll.

Carol

Cute little girl! we had a schnauzer that we lost this past Feb. and have a labradoodle that we rescued last year. He is a moose, about 85 pds. I would love to get another schnauzer but hubby said no :no: Guess after some bills are paid, I will try to convince him!

Enjoy your new addition! :aktion033:

Chris

She's very sweet.......looks like she fits her name........

MA

I am so happy for you everyone needs a lap dog no kidding. We always had crapzus one was 15 when he passed and the other was 19 last fall when I had to have her put to sleep. I didnt think I would get another small dog at first I missed them so much but didnt really want 3 dogs and we have 2 cocker spaniels.They arent big dogs but they arent the same and in Feb. just like you I kept getting the urge for another small dog. My Mitzi is a crapzu Maltese cross and I love her to bits.She is on my heels where ever I go if I let her and shes just a sweetheart.Congratulations on your new baby.

Sharon she is a doll!!!!
default_wub.png
: Wow looks like she was just meant to be...just fell in your lap!!! :lol: I love her kind face and at 6 years old a good age. Why was the lady selling her? If I ever decide to get a small dog, I've decided I'll be looking at the Doxies.
default_yes.gif
:

Sharon, When you said Hot dog Johnnys , I couldnt believe it... I grew up going to Hot dog Johnnys.....Ahh, the memories. Dang , you all but had to go right past my parents house on your adventure. I grew up in PA, off of 611, a little road that goes down by the river, JUST before you get to the Gap...small world

LOL...

Cute pup, glad she is working out so well...

There she is! OH Sharon I am so happy for you. There is nothing like a warm loving furry Baby to help with pain and being so tired. You sound so excited and it just thrills me. Congratulations!!

Congratulations. I have a doxie named Diva here is a picture.
PICT0255.jpg

Lyn thanks for the doxietown forum. I have been trying to find one for over a year now.

What an adorable baby face!
default_wub.png
: Super congrats! What a love!
default_wub.png
:

And Diva too!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Sterling- The lady was selling little Baby because they decided they needed to cut back a bit on dogs and or cats. They had 2 doxies, Baby and her sister and 2 huge rotties and 5 cats. The rotties are 11 and 12 years old, so they figured it would be hard to re-home them at that late age. Most people aren't much interested in older cats, so it was one of the doxies that had to go. Baby's sister belongs to their son who appeared to be about 10 years old, so it was Baby who was to be sold.

I am so in love with this little girl!! I really think we were meant to be!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back